Senior Director, Strategy - Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Strategy and Portfolio Management team are responsible for setting the strategic direction and providing delivery governance for Visa’s business in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific leading to sustainable business growth.
What a Senior Director, Strategy does at Visa:
The role develops and leads the execution of the AU, NZ&SP strategic plan which is aligned to Visa’s corporate strategy. You will provide regular counsel to the local leadership team on the regulatory environment, partnerships, investment opportunities, the macro landscape, competitors and ecosystem risks and opportunities.
The role is responsible for:
Strategic Planning and Ecosystem Development
- Leads the strategic planning process
- Provides recommendations on market prioritisation of key projects and capability launches
- Creates country specific plans that facilitate Visa’s Annual Operating and Multi-Year Plans
- Leads the setting of interchange and network pricing to optimize participation, innovation, security and growth
- Identifies and drives business transformation initiatives
- Assesses and recommends opportunities to invest, develop partnerships or introduce new capabilities to Visa or the ecosystem
Elevating Data Driven Decision Making
Leading and managing the Director, Analytics to:
- Champion greater analytic competency to support and guide more fact-based and timely decision making
- Identify creative ways to combine data sources, and collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders to bring holistic solutions to Visa’s clients that demonstrate a deep understanding of their business and use cases
- Develop business and management information tools and reports to support business decision making
Business Insight and Analysis
- Develop a disciplined and thorough approach to conducting in-depth analyses of macro-economics, industry, commercial/consumer payments and client’s business drivers and trends
- Provide key clients and leadership insights into their business and the payments industry
- Identify and build sources of primary and secondary data to support business cases and identify market opportunities or solve business challenges
- Lead primary research where required for major pieces of work
- Develop financial models that aid in market analysis and decision making
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client opportunities and new business
- Communicate complex concepts in a simple, structured way to internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver and source global best practice in payments and innovation capabilities and present internally and to clients
Competition and environmental assessment
- Lead and undertake analysis such as market sizing, financial analysis, value chain assessment, early warning scans, scenario analysis and traditional strategic analysis
- Evaluate new diverse business models with application to payments and recommend a wait, further assess, compete, partner or invest stance
- Own and produce the annual Australian and New Zealand market landscape strategy for distribution to the Executive Committee
- Own and update key competitor assessment documents for AU, NZ&SP Leadership, Regional and Global Strategy consumption
Why this is important to Visa
This role is at the vanguard of how commerce is conducted in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. You have the opportunity to shape the way individuals, businesses, Governments and communities undertake commerce.
What you will need:
The role requires strong commercial aptitude, a passion for problem solving, a strong curiosity in the application of technology and a strategic mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management / Business Administration (or similar academic experience)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in strategic planning, management consulting, general management or related experience
- Experience in leading and developing people
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft O365 applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Teams
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Creative problem solving
- Clear and concise written communications
- Effective oral communication and the ability to present in team and client settings
- Attention to detail and consistent quality output
- Understanding of competitive and technology developments in payments
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions for diverse and complex business problems
- Ability to travel in Australia, NZ and South Pacific as required and other international locations on occasion
What will also help:
- Experience in M&A or demonstrated ability to assess business opportunities for partnership or investment
- Ability to source data and run bespoke research
- Demonstrated interest in technology, payments, banking and user experience development
- Experience in identifying and leading business transformation initiatives as well as implementing new operating models
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.