Staff Systems Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As an DevOps Admin/Engineer the candidate will work as a technical expert and solution provider on the system and architecture issues and operational support.
The candidate will drive the issue bridges, provide fixes and follow the production best practices. He/She will meet the strict OLA and SLA commitments and work closely with the internal teams to identify opportunities to improve and optimize the systems. The candidate will demonstrate technology expertise and system knowledge to keep the system stable with zero impact to the business.
- Stay on top of the open source technology and be ready to learn/adopt new technology continuously as per the change.
- Maintain the change management as per best practices.
- Provide hands-on solution for system issues on the Open Source Platform
- Create and articulate business cases, performance reports and metrics
- Will automate the manual work.
- Discuss, collaborate and promote architectural best practices across technology organization
- Provide solutions/fixes to all Big Data Issues and related systems issues.
- 10 years of hands-on work experience in Production Support, Designing, building and running critical business solutions on large scale platforms with a Bachelor’s Degree; 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 7+ years hand-on experience in leading on Distributed Systems
- 5+ years hands-on experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning in any production systems.
- Strong business ethics, self-discipline and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment.
- Experience working in a Globally Distributed Team
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge on Linux, Windows, Open Source Systems, Databases.
- Must have strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situations.
- 10-12 years of hands-on work experience in designing, building and running critical business solutions on large scale platforms with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe
- Ability to identify knowledge gaps and provide technical guidance/mentoring to others to help grow talent
- Must be a quick learner to learn new technology, application or tools and ability to cascade the knowledge to others
- Ability to provide solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management
- A deep knowledge in Payment Industry Solutions and SDLC processes.
- Experience to build server(s), clustering, Performance tunings and troubleshooting is highly preferred.
- Networking concept and experience (TCP/IP and related protocols) is plus
- Knowledge in Scripting is must
- Knowledge with Linux Container/Dockers/Kubernetes is a plus
- Devops Training, Experience and Knowledge is a plus
- “Linux Certification” is good to have
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.