CyberSource Acquirer Engagement PMO Undergraduate Intern
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Do you wonder how retailers know what to offer you and when? How your favorite store can ship you your order and accept returns in any location all without knowing your actual credit card number? How enabling Financial Institutions (FIs) to provide these and other critical merchant services can change how commerce happens around the world? If so, join us in Acquirer Enablement and the fastest moving area in global FinTech today – digital commerce solutions – to transform customer, merchant and acquirer experiences around the world. The center of gravity for payments is acceptance. In this role, you will gain in-depth knowledge of long-standing FIs and payment providers as well as fast-moving VC-backed startups. You will become an expert on the most innovative part of the payments industry and will drive digital payment strategy for one of the largest and most influential global FIs using Visa’s payment management platform: CyberSource.
As part of the CyberSource Acquirer Enablement internship, you will gain exposure to strategy, product, and operations on a groundbreaking project. Work with one of largest and most important FIs in the world on one of their top priorities – driving digital capabilities to serve their merchant clients. You will report to the Deputy General Manager of Acquirer Enablement.
CyberSource is seeking a leader who will be in charge of assisting our Program Management Organization in driving Project Management activities across multiple projects and spanning multiple functions within the organization. This position will involves monitoring, reporting and optimizing processes surrounding project plans, schedules, and budgets. This position will involve contributing to stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project timelines are met in a timely manner. Acquirer Enablement PMO Intern will be responsible for managing reporting for multiple tracks (and working with multiple PMO’s within the broader organization) through delivery by utilizing the standard project management fundamentals.
To be successful as an Acquirer Enablement PMO Undergraduate Intern, you will need to be able to work within tight timelines and maintain a sense of urgency. The candidate should be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel (MS Project is a plus), and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Core Responsibilities and Sample Projects
· Ability to be an effective liaison between various technical and non-technical functions across the program, including outside partners
· Drive operating efficiency through initiatives that produce innovative solutions for optimizing operational tools used by the program
· Support the program in initiation, requirement definition, detailed project planning, financial oversight, risk identification and management, project execution and control, reporting and closure.
· Effectively manage reporting and risk management of multiple tracks/sub-projects of a multi-year development program with joint accountability to scope, schedule and cost
Students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a graduation date in December 2020 or later
Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Enrollment in top-tier BA program or similar academic experience
- Experience in program/project coordination, systems/application development and fintech industry a plus through work or academic setting
- Superior organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to handle multiple project work streams, with proven success in synthesizing large data sets related to a wide variety of functional business problems
- Eagerness to work in teams with people of all levels to accomplish project objectives
- Comfort in, and ability to, present recommendations to business leaders across VisaPersonal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer" with colleagues at all levels across company
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel; MS Project or another PM tool a plus.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.