Human Resources Development Program (Advanced Degree Only)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Human Resources Development Program (HRDP) is approximately a 3-year program, with three 9-month rotations through HR and 1 six - month rotation within the business. The HRDP supports Visa’s mission to recruit and develop future HR leaders with cross-functional knowledge and experience. The program provides exposure to multiple areas of Human Resources including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards and HR Consulting. In addition to meaningful rotations, associates are given training & development, mentoring, networking and leadership exposure.
Sample Rotational Assignments Include:
Total Rewards: Design, implement and maintain compensation and benefit programs that are competitive with current industry trends and best practices
- Solid understanding of core HR business practices, processes, and terminology (HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, recruiting, performance management, time and attendance) and ability to develop solutions for the business needs
- Ensure delivery on all project phases from scope, business requirements, planning, analysis, process design, vendor selection, testing and training
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I): Ensure that there is a rich tapestry of skills and perspectives to inform our business and help Visa can drive, manage, and anticipate change.
- Reviewing current D&I initiatives to identify process improvements to recruit, retain and promote diverse talent;
- Conduct market research to determine best in class D&I effort to enhance Visa’s current initiatives;
- Act as the primary source of contact for employee resource groups in terms of funding, event planning, and other activities, etc.
Talent Management: From career management to succession planning to employee engagement, create the tools and strategy so Visa has the right skills in the right places.
- Support the annual review process by creating training materials and guides to assist manger and employees in completing annual reviews, etc.
Talent Acquisition (TA): Connect internal and external talent to opportunities, and influence company strategy by hiring talented people to drive it
- Acting as a consultant and SME in hiring processes, HR related matters, compliance, compensation, leveling guidelines, immigration, etc.
- Developing sourcing strategies and research methods that are successful in attracting viable candidates through methods such as web sourcing, Boolean searches, candidate referrals, social networking, etc.
- Identifying, attracting, screening and securing top talent candidates, (both passive and active) for a variety of skill and experience levels
HR Business Partners (HRBPs): Drive people initiatives across the company while also serving as advisors to business leaders on people-related strategies
- Provide Human Resources expertise to lead business divisions in all aspects but not limited to employee relations, performance management, talent management/organizational development, rewards and recognition, growth and development and workforce planning with the support of the COEs
- Ensure that Human Resources policy and advice to client group is in accordance with employment law, Visa strategy and best practice
- Lead clients with the development of the most appropriate organizational structures and bring about effective organization and cultural change
Employee Relations: Provide services to employees and managers, including management coaching, coaching on performance improvement plans, employee relations and investigations, enterprise wide program execution, policy development and organizational health metrics and trends
HR Shared Services: Bring you a centralized location to ask all your HR-related questions.
- Prioritizing AskHR requests, responding to requests, and liaising with various cross-functional teams to properly respond to request that range from retirement eligibility to accommodation needs.
- Masters Degree focusing on business, liberal arts, or human resources disciplines (e.g., industrial & labor relations, industrial & organizational psychology, organizational behavior, and law)
- Internship experience
- Graduates between December 2019 - June 2020
Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership capabilities as demonstrated in professional, academic, or volunteer environment
- Attributes such as a hunger to win, accountability, curiosity, authenticity, agility, candor
- Willingness to take initiative, roll up one’s sleeves, and get the work done.
- Ability to understand business strategy and organizational structure
Application Deadline is January 5, 2020.
- Physical Requirements
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Work Hours:
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.