Senior Technical Product Manager
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Digital Marketing Experience team is looking for a passionate product leader who will be responsible for delivering programs within Visa's digital product and service offerings (digital properties and marketing applications). This role is for a visionary senior product manager who will work with cross functional teams spanning multiple product and technology disciplines. Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to effectively manage multiple work streams. Product Managers in Marketing Experience have full accountability for capability definition and strategic roadmap decision making. This role will direct and collaborate with the other members of the program leadership team to determine what our business partners need and get the requirements to the engineering organization.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 10 or more years of experience in product development at large product/engineering focused companies. A background working in an internet services, digital, website development environment, or mobile technology platforms is highly desirable. The candidate will have a successful history of leading complex development efforts in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and to product specifications. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative, hands on leader, with a track history of high performance that will drive change to their engineering team and to Visa’s bottom line.
- Product manager and product owner for multiple software engineering teams who are accountable for releasing features in support of Visa’s digital properties and marketing technologies.
- Taking full accountability for capability definition, scoping and requirements.
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within an Agile framework.
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management, ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Business case and ROI definition and measurement
- A passionate technologist who possesses a curious mindset and has a history of asking “why?”
- More than 8 years of relevant experience (e.g., product management, software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design).
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent is required, MBA or MS preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in product management preferably with external customer-facing web software projects. Background in digital marketing preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management.
- Ability to lead through organizational change and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career.
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long term product goals.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC
guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.