Associate Business Development Manager - NA Sales
- Wilmington, DE, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This Associate Business Development role is within the North America Sales function. This role is responsible for developing account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts along with ensuring implementation of annual sales goals and plans. Qualified candidates will show an ability to quickly build relationships internally and within their territory while also demonstrating a desire and capability to excel in other sales roles within the organization.
- Develop and execute customized territory plans to increase sales volume and market share within financial institutions in the region.
- Create new sales and revenue generating opportunities as appropriate
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the Client’s business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Continuously review payment landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing Visa’s issuer business
- Provide operational or technical leadership within sales
- Ensure implementation of annual goals and plans
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the Financial Institution’s business including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products and services, including EFT processing services
This position is full-time and will be located in Wilmington, DE
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Willingness to learn and execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Ability to develop, lead and close complex competitive sales efforts
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Wilmington, DE - Relocation assistance will not be offered for this position
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel 0% to 10%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.