Product Manager, DPS Risk Products
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
DPS Risk Services partners with our clients to provide future-ready risk products and services that enable them to achieve superior performance. The Product Manager role operates as the product owner for one or more products within the risk product line. Ownership encompasses awareness of market trends, development of product strategy, and delivery/launch of new world-class products and features. Ability to ideate solutions for client business objectives, develop requirements, define product position/pricing, and launch them effectively are key factors to success in this role.
DPS Risk Services is seeking someone with the ability to drive results while working independently within a complex environment. As important, the position calls for a proven ability in leading and collaborating with cross functional teams while building strong relationships.
- Own the development of the product strategy, go-to-market plans, and all elements related to product documents (concept document, business case, product backlog).
- Develop/manage product financials including product pricing and revenue/expense forecasting.
- Drive the development and management of the product roadmap to define and support the product goals.
- Clearly understand and articulate the value of Visa’s products and drive the development of product, features, and functionality.
- Translate market and customer insights to drive product strategy and decisions.
- Initiate and drive collaboration with designers to create preliminary design concepts and work with engineering to implement and iterate.
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, Product Marketing, Business Development) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature.
- Collaborate with internal operational teams (e.g., Training, Account Management, Implementations) to efficiently and effectively launch new products and features.
- Vendor management for select products may also be required.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of product management experience building, launching, and growing multiple products at a technology, financial services, or comparable company.
- Demonstrated ability to create complete, concise business and technical level requirements including experience with use cases, report and screen mock-ups, API file transmissions, and cross-functional requirements.
- Ability to build cross-functional consensus among internal and external stakeholders to drive business results.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Ability to work creatively with strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and demands.
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements across diverse functional areas into a compelling product vision.
- Proficiency in advanced communication skills focusing on development of audience-specific documentation; advanced Excel/spreadsheet; and presentation/speaking skills.
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma is preferred.
- Ability to work independently within a complex environment.
- Ability to develop content independently and prioritize work flow with limited supervision, often under significant time constraints.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Power Point, Visio, Excel, and Outlook.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position is based in Highlands Ranch, CO - relocation assistance will not be offered at this time.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.