Director, Digital Solutions - Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track (Fixed Term Contract)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Director, Digital Solutions - Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track
Visa has built the world’s premier payments networks with advanced processing and value added services. “Visanet” is capable of handling more than 50,000 transactions per second, with convenience, reliability, and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
In response to the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry, Visa is extending its network, opening access to payment capabilities, and encouraging participation by new stakeholders in the payments ecosystem. To do that, we are unbundling our products, rationalizing them into consumable services (APIs and SDKs), and opening them up to a broader set of stakeholders through the Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track Program. Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track enables financial institutions, merchants, strategic partners, and independent software vendors to more easily use our network, value-added services, and data assets. Through a best-in-class online developer experience and supporting expert services and tools, developers will be able to readily discover, access, integrate, and test what they need from Visa to create new and innovative solutions for their customers.
The successful candidate will be an individual who is able to understand a business challenge, conceive a digital solution, architect it, and assist clients in bringing it to market. The person will be able to work effectively with a senior level audience as well as a technical implementation team. A collaborative approach to solution development is a must and experience in direct client engagements is necessary. The candidate should be well versed in discussing API solution sets, provide pre-sale advice and high-level technical guidance on how to integrate APIs with clients’ systems. This role provides expert advice to business leaders and developers who want to use Visa’s services – understanding the client’s business problem or market opportunity, helping them find the right APIs for the job, showing them how Visa APIs work and what they do, and helping the client define the architecture of their products. This role will also use client feedback and experiences.
The role is part of the Canadian Digital Product Team. This go-to-market role will be the organization’s integrator of Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track market positioning and messaging, the driver and converter of client engagement opportunities, the educator of Visa’s internal stakeholders in Canada, and executor of Canadian market evangelism activities for Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track. The position is the key bridge between Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track, Visa Sales, Visa marketing and communications, and Visa Technology teams in the comprehensive development and execution of the Canadian Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track go-to-market plan. This role reports to the Canadian Head of Digital Product.
The successful candidate must be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client engagement and documentation, employ moderation and facilitation skills, have a passion for payments, and have an ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Serve as the Canadian product leader for the comprehensive go-to-market activities for the Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track, coordinating closely with the Digital team, Canadian product team, Sales, and the marketing and communications teams to drive awareness, education, adoption and usage of Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track in Canada.
- Support sales and technical integration process, work with business development team towards converting clients to API adoption
- Document and track success against client engagement metrics
- Through ideation and co-creation activities, create solutions designs to meet customer’s business and technology needs. Assist clients with developing POCs and prototypes to help them understand the adoption of Visa API based products and services.
- Hand-hold clients through Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track onboarding and launch process to ensure client delivery and collect feedback through process. Partner with other integration teams to ensure seamless client transitions.
- Point of contact for the development and execution of a comprehensive Canadian marketing, communication, events, and PR plan for driving demand for Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track with target segments, leveraging Visa’s marketing and communications teams.
- Evangelize and deliver education, training programs, and general collateral for the Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track Platform across Canada.
- Establish Canadian developer outreach programs and both internal and external events (e.g., hackathons, designathons, etc.) to establish Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track as the industry standard platform for global payments.
- Act as the primary Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track interface for Visa Account Executives, Sales teams, and Client Support (i.e., “be the face of Visa Developer & Fintech Fast Track” in Canada).
- Ensure the systematic collection of client and market feedback on specific APIs so Product Management and Technology can improve Product/Platform experiences and prioritize new feature and capability development.
- Be an evangelist throughout Visa and with our clients on the new forms of digital product development. Inspire the Canadian organization and others through demonstrated delivery and results. Contribute to local cross-functional strategic initiatives involving promotion of Visa’s digital capabilities.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with a Masters/MBA/JD/MD or at least 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or commensurate work experience is required. An MBA/MS is a plus.
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus
- 7-10 years product or business development experience, with a strong focus on digital products, services, and/or platforms. API platform experience a plus.
- Exceptional change leadership skills with experience driving new initiatives in large organizations.
- Proven ability to work with Technology, Product, and MarComm to deliver and execute an integrated product offering and go-to-market plan.
- Ability to communicate complex, often technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical thinker, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
- Naturally optimistic and energized by delivery of new products to the market.
- Have deep knowledge and passion around emerging payments technologies and their potential to change commerce. Think like, communicate with, and inspire business leaders and developers to build their new products using Visa APIs and SDKs.
- Highly collaborative, bringing a structured problem-solving approach to client engagements and documentation, employing solutioning, moderation and facilitation skills.
- Able to combine aspects of the business and commercialization with technical ability.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.