Marketing MBA Intern - Global Brand, Sponsorship, and Innovation Marketing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
A Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Global Brand, Sponsorship, and Innovation Marketing team is responsible for developing integrated marketing and communications approaches that build on Visa’s rich heritage of innovation, leverage the company’s unique portfolio of assets (such as the Olympics and FIFA World Cup), and position Visa as the payments technology leader of the future.
We are looking for highly motivated interns to join our organization and develop skills across multiple focus areas surrounding Strategic Planning. This work will center around building our annual operating plan, managing a $100M+ investment plan and developing strategies and KPIs for the coming fiscal year. Interns will work closely with Visa executives on these strategy and investment reviews.
Another opportunity of this internship will come through our unique rotational program. The rotational structure allows interns to gain invaluable experience across multiple marketing areas and network with a variety of leaders within the Visa organization. Below are examples of the diverse set of projects that interns have led in the past:
- Execute the strategy for the innovative payment experience and point of sale presence at the next Olympic Games in Tokyo
- Identify key industries and companies to develop connected car payments capability and conduct thorough analysis of smart speaker market
- Conduct deep dive analysis into Visa Olympic Athletes strategy and how to best amplify the program
- Develop a cohesive, global narrative on growing affluent target consumer and the benefits that will be communicated across Visa channels
- Shepherd annual marketing strategic initiative process and provide guidance to teams in developing their program narratives
- Collaborate across key global marketing initiatives, including global sponsorship activations and consumer product programs. This role is highly cross-functional with partnerships including Product, Regional Marketing, Communications, Sales, Finance, and other teams.
- Help support the Strategy & Planning operations across Global Brand, Sponsorship and Innovation Marketing. This includes financial reporting, budget management, goal setting, annual planning, and facilitating regular team communications, including all hands meetings.
- Work as an assistant project manager to bring integrated campaigns to market, highlighting Visa’s capabilities across our portfolio of sponsorship activations.
- Participate in marketing “test & learn” pilots as we find new ways to demonstrate Visa’s innovation to millennials through partnerships and experiences.
- Partner with regional marketing teams to advance key initiatives, serving as a global hub to facilitate communications across teams, share best practices, and advance key global initiatives.
- Pursuing a Master’s of Business Administration with focus in Marketing/Strategy or a related field and graduating in the Spring of 2021
- 3-5 years of experience (prior to MBA) in Consumer Product Goods, Technology, Consulting, or Financial Services that demonstrates interest in marketing/strategy
- Demonstrates track record of developing leadership skills through academic or extra-curricular activities
- Highly driven and resourceful as demonstrated through a combination of academic, career experience, or extra-curricular activities
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as written and oral skills including the ability to present with impact to a variety of stakeholders
- You have project management experience with excellent attention to detail
- You have a proven ability to thrive in high pressure situations and a fast paced and matrixed environment
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects while quick to adapt to shifting priorities
- You are innovative and curious, positive and proactive – always looking for ways to do things better
- Strong executive presence – you’re able to modulate your style and tone to the audience
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; you’re comfortable managing spreadsheets, devising formulas, and performing data analysis, while also building Executive presentations
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.