Earthport - Technical Project Manager - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as a Technical Project Manager, we want to hear from you.
What’s it all about?
The Development Team is at the heart of the successful execution of the Earthport corporate strategy, responsible for developing the technology solutions for a market leading product portfolio, driving growth and profitable revenues through the success of the global sales teams.
With a keen focus on strong commercial product exposure in the payment’s domain, the team is dedicated to building a professional, proactive and market leading technology solutions adopting modern methods and practices. The goal of the team is to create and build a world class technology solution supporting a portfolio of products, adding sustainable value to the business, as part of strategically focused cross-border growth for Earthport.
The Technical Project Manager provides key delivery discipline to the overall Development team supporting the enhancement of Earthport’s current and future payment processing capability. As a key member of the Development Team, responsibility for the manged delivery of change using project management best practice forms the basis of the role.
As an experienced Technical Project Manager leading the delivery of technical changes in response to business demand, the ability to liaise with all elements of the organisation is a must. A heritage of clear instruction and reporting to manage projects and generate precise actions will be a natural part of the role. The ability to challenge timelines and gain efficiency of delivery with Development Teams’ resources will be something to measure the degree of success achieved with positive results generated.
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, quality, timeline and meeting requirements.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that meet the agreed goals, seeking efficiency and timely completion.
- Co-ordinate the resources within the Development Team and elsewhere through all project phases, from initial development through to implementation and post live warranty support.
- Monitor project progress continuously and generate detailed status reports on measurable items, including milestones, deliverables, risk, issues, design overviews, goals etc.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Create and chair ongoing Steering Committees as necessary, supported by all project delivery artefacts to monitor progress, seek support and flag heightened risks and issues.
- Maintain an ongoing review of project finances with feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed change controls to project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects in liaison with Development Team members and elsewhere in the organisation as necessary.
- Where necessary maintain healthy yet robust relations with suppliers and vendors associated with project delivery to ensure agreed commitments are met.
- Participate in overall group strategic direction setting and generating the technology deliverables to respond to this, identifying the direction and activities for the Development Team.
- A strong background in Agile delivery and management of delivery backlogs to drive priorities and tasks for the overall project team.
What we're after...
The areas flagged below are the essential needs associated with the role but do not reflect an exhaustive listing of the required skills and experience to fulfil it. Any additional elements that will further enhance the ability to execute the role are most beneficial.
- Financial Service, Banking and Retail industry experience.
- Able to capture the core delivery tasks and actions required to meet the overall project delivery objectives and articulate these the core delivery team
- Excellent planning ability to capture and sequence all necessary project delivery tasks and share overall plans with appropriate levels of detail for multiple audiences from Exec to delivery teams.
- Exposure to mobile banking and payments technologies and solutions.
- Strong track record of successful project delivery meeting agreed time-lines and budget demands.
- Excellent financial planning ability to define and prescribe necessary budgets and then maintain delivery within the agreed and approved budget.
- A keen administrative approach to keep all project artefacts updates, available and maintained for wider project and organisation consumption, for example using SharePoint and disciplined structure.
- A strong communicator able to articulate complex concepts and details to multiple audiences from Exec to delivery teams and customer liaison teams.
- A good grasp of core programming concepts as used in the payment processing domain of Financial Services.
- Helpful and supportive of others - works effectively with other people in the team and wider organisation, including senior management and the Executive team.
- Develops effective working relationships with those around them, providing specific support the Project Delivery team and Development Team with that.
- Self-starter and self-motivated, with the ability to challenge and question the status quo in an appropriate manner while addressing the broad needs of the organisation and more locally with the Development Team.
- Ensuring close attention to detail is maintained across the team in all areas of work: design, documentation, coding, testing, and following agreed processes.
- Effective prioritisation and multi-tasking - able to prioritise quickly and effectively. Maintains a can-do attitude.
- Open to feedback, able to deal with ambiguity and work on multiple concurrent activities
- Successful under pressure and naturally curious to solve problems, explore new techniques and technologies.
- Able to work and manage development teams that are geographically dispersed and across time zones.
- Represent Earthport and the Development team positively both internally across the organisation and externally at various industry forums as well as third party suppliers.
- Deep interest in financial services with commercial experience in financial services and first-class technical and collaboration skills.
- A degree in software engineering, another engineering discipline or a scientific discipline is required.
- A-level(s) in mathematical disciplines.
- Recognised Project Management certification, e.g. PRINCE II, CAPM, PMP etc.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.