Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics (NYC or Bay Area)
- New York, New York, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director will play a key role on a team of experienced professionals developing and delivering high impact projects for Visa’s largest client and partners. Potential engagements could include portfolio management diagnostics, authorization optimization strategies, assessments of digital product and marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps, and optimizing client customer servicing processes.
We are looking for motivated, analytic individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with consulting and client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of analytic work
- Develop analytical frameworks, approaches, solutions and data-led strategies that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, products, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modeling techniques
- Providing thought leadership in using data to solve business problems and in arriving at innovative statistical solutions
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the payment P&L
- As a team leader, provide knowledge sharing, coaching and training within the team as well as across functional teams and/or regions in the role as an analytics subject matter expert
We are looking for individuals with exceptional analytics experience preferably along with deep payment or financial sector expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients, support consulting engagements and develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions through data.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- experience in analytics and management
- Ideal candidate will have payments and consulting experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing teams in execution of projects and career mentorship
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit and debit cards
- Understanding of card issuers' P&L and critical factors in driving profitability
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.