Director, Business Development, Data APIs - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What’s it all about?
Reporting to the Head of Go to Market, Global Data Products, you will be an integral part of Visa’s Data Products team in London, helping bridge client needs with relevant data APIs. You will be the subject matter expert and solutions specialist who will work closely with clients starting early in the life cycle all the way through implementation.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- As the business development lead for data APIs you will work closely with account execs to closely manage the pipeline and drive the sales cycle.
- You will have relevant technical and solution expertise along with client sales experience to drive adoption of various data APIs.
- You will collaborate across our regional product marketing, operations, sales and global product teams to build relevant sales materials, tools and provide feedback to the teams to build out a robust product roadmap.
- You will manage a robust sales pipeline and actively drive clients through the stages and to closure.
- You are comfortable, adept in client conversations, and are proactive in driving activity and engagement.
- You are highly motivated and driven by sales quotas and targets, and has shown to be a top performer consistently.
What we’re after…
- High level of API or technical sales experience
- Highly technical and able to talk to developers and handle implementation and integration question prior to implementation
- Experience working with clients to build solutions to technical problems using APIs, and able to articulate this through the lens of end customer benefit
- Comfortable selling and managing a pipeline
- Prior experience working with sales targets and has consistently delivered above target
- Experience working with financial institutions
- Good technical and analytics skills
- Deep knowledge and experience on data products and solutions
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills, and experience working matrixed organizations
- Creative, analytical problem solver
- Self-starter with ability to build and manage programs from scratch
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt and move quickly to accomplish goals
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.