Senior Financial Planning & Analyst
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Function Finance Business partner team supports all AP Visa business functions. We are an agile, highly visible team that works using a consultative model with business to apply data to business and finance decisions as well as measure performance. We are looking for ambitious and experienced finance professional to join the team that provides cross-functional finance and analytics support. This is a unique opportunity and calls for a focused, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process for the Business Function teams in AP. Provide guidance to Business Functions to achieve realistic and timely forecasts. Support the business and finance teams in the preparation of budget and forecast reports to support management review of financial outcomes
- Review forecast/budget submissions and perform an independent challenge to improve accuracy of forecasts. Analyze spending trends and recommend to Finance management a handicap to forecasts if required.
- Provide advisory and consultative support to Business Function teams on finance related areas including accounting policies and compliance requirements, and bringing financial discipline in investment decisions
- Prepare reports analyzing variances to targets and assist to track and evaluate business performance to forecast and budgets
- Build financial models and provide projections using historical data, industry assumptions and metrics. Prepare ad hoc business cases & analysis
- Acquires and maintains a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities, and issues related to the assigned functional areas
- Collaborates easily and successfully with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. executives and staff) and serves as a key point of contact for finance issues
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or
a related field required
- 8+ years of experience in finance-related field, with at least 2 years in financial analysis role, preferably from within a large, multi-national, publicly-traded corporation
- Outstanding analytical skills; able to resolve business problems with well-structured analyses
- Ability to summarize forecast and budget variances with clear and succinct explanations
- Competency to contribute to lively discussion with ability to quickly test findings and assertions against a financial body of knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate results with business stakeholders
- Must be proactive, high-energy, motivated team player capable of delivering on multiple initiatives
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge in financial planning systems such as TM1 and Hyperion