Sr. QA Engineer - Test Automation
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with Selenium and Quality Assurance. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including development and maintenance of Test Automation Suite. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. The successful candidate will be a Sr Software Engineer in the Operational Resiliency Risk product development team.
Responsibilities include :
• Participate in design discussions and implementation of highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm, APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems.
• Help converting business requirements into technical requirements and design, and develop system acceptance criteria, functional test plans with a focus on coverage, performance and automation.
• Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operation & Infrastructure, Product to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
• Identify process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
• Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools.
• Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos. Document process, designs, test results, and analysis.
• Help develop and execute chaos test suite for business services as well as infrastructure
•Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support development of test automation
•Coordinate and support integration, end-to-end testing with peer Test Engineering groups to ensure seamless code releases.
•Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
•Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any application issues
•Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints using test automation.
•Build and implement scalable, reusable test automation frameworks.
BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field.
4-7 years of experience in software development lifecycle.
Extraordinary software engineering talent.
Good programming skills and experience with Java
Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization
Proactive, willing to take ownership, ability to quickly learn new technologies and take up new tasks and initiatives
Should have excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
Experience in system automation using frameworks such as Cucumber and Selenium web drivers.
Knowledge of functional programming languages like Go, Scala or the ability to learn them quickly is a big plus
Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release.
Experience with development, build, testing and continuous integration tools.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment.
Nice to have :
•Exposure to Test Driven Development
•Exposure to Micro Services based architecture
•Exposure to CI/CD / Code Coverage / Static Code analysis Tools
•Exposure using Frontend/Backend development frameworks Angular
•Experience in chaos testing is a plus
•Exposure to open source Performance benchmarking tools
•Exposure to Visualisation Tools for Quality Assurance is a big plus.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.