Client Director – Digital Merchant and Acquiring
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Merchant Sales and Acquiring team drive growth in the acceptance of Visa payment products via relationships with prominent, selected key merchant clients and acquirers - specifically via business development and sales efforts aimed at ensuring transaction and payment volume growth and the development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence. The team is also responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs in order to effectively and efficiently define market specific strategies to support the Australia team to develop card acceptance capabilities and provide merchant solutions to meet the evolving payments ecosystem.
What an Account Director – Digital Merchant and Acquiring does at Visa:
We are looking for motivated individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership and a consultative approach to resolve client / prospective client needs. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
- Proactively engage with clients in regular strategic & planning discussions to increase client and Visa market share and revenues
- Develop, manage and win a pipeline of acquiring solution and gateway revenues from current clients and new prospects
- Establish and maintain positive, beneficial and constructive relationships with key Acquirer and merchant clients and influence preference for Visa through provision of valuable business solutions through Visa capabilities including CyberSource gateway solutions.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, analytics, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic insights
Why this is important to Visa
This is a senior account management and sales role in a team of experienced professionals developing, delivering and winning high impact opportunities for Visa.
What you will need:
We are looking for individuals with strong account management and sales experience along with deep payment and consulting expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients, lead consulting engagements and develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions.
- Strong Account Plan development
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration capabilities across a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing and closing complex opportunities and deals
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results.
- Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
What will also help:
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in B2B Sales & Account Management within digital payments
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ year’s experience in acquiring payments, eCommerce and/or fraud solution experience.
- Experience with Salesforce an advantage but not required
- Excellent presentation skills