Senior Sales Learning Experience Designer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
Imagine yourself as part of Visa’s Learning Experience Design team. A team that is shaping the learning culture at Visa. We are an organization that learns, and you play a key role in unleashing the potential of our employees, clients and partners worldwide. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives, including Visa Direct. Visa Direct is Visa’s real time push payment platform. The opportunity will also allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful in shaping the future of learning at Visa.
1. Identify development needs: You will use human-centered design approach to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate Visa’s sales teams development needs.
2. Translate needs into development solutions: You will use your design expertise to create the most impactful, world-class solutions for Visa. You will need to be adept both at designing programs yourself as well as providing strategic direction for work done by select external providers. You will play a key role in scaling sales development.
3. Develop and grow key relationships: You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders – business and operational leaders – to scale the work you do across the organization. You will utilize your well-established network of external content providers to ensure Visa’s Sales College leverages best-in-class thought leadership. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a high-level internal stakeholder, to collaborating with Subject Matter Experts in designing learning solutions for Visa’s Client-facing teams.
4. Improve and Grow Your Portfolio: You will have an opportunity to evolve existing learning solutions from good to great and to launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the learning solutions you design and develop can evolve into the future. You will launch and grow communities of enablement to ensure learning occurs beyond the programmatic components. You will leverage the art-science balance to evaluate and constantly improve sales development at Visa to make it even more impactful for Visa’s employees, and ultimately for Visa’s business.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- Have demonstrated experience in designing and developing Sales training programs (i.e. consultative selling, account planning, objection handling, Sales new hire training, etc.) in a worldwide sales organization
- Uses knowledge of Sales process and methodologies to design, develop, and implement selling-focused learning solutions aligned with business priorities and initiatives
- Apply best practice content design and development knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to develop impactful, blended-training and non-training deliverables that will achieve the goals of the Sales organization
- Has experience in localizing global content to ensure relevance in local markets.
- Keeps the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do, applying various design principles (e.g. HCD) in an AGILE or project workflow environment
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date not only on what’s current in learning and sales development, but also the industry and business environment in which you operate
- Comfortable operating in both the strategic and the tactical and can constantly switch between the two
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa’s University Productions team is making leadership development an integral part of life at Visa where every employee, regardless of level and location, will have access to a wealth of resources to be even more effective
We are a start-up within a large, global organization
We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners
We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.