Senior Director, Head of Cross-Border Russia
- Moscow, Russia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 65,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access
to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Director, Head of Russia Cross-Border Business will be a key member of Visa CEMEA Cross-Border business unit leadership team, and a key leader in Russia. The individual will have the overall responsibility of growing Cross-Border business in the country, both in-bound (acquired) from other markets as well as out-bound (issued) to other markets. The individual needs to be a strong leader who is proficient in building an effective strategy, able to expertly translate strategy into tactical execution, and adept at collaborating and building support of cross functional teams, inside and outside the region.
- Lead & champion the development of Cross-Border strategy for the country, which changes the trajectory of growth, evolves our client relationships, and breaks through the constraints to generate tangible impact on Visa’s Cross-Border performance in the region.
- Drive the execution of Cross-Border strategy in Russia, across targeted business development and deal-making, enhancing partnerships with existing clients, consumer marketing, solutions development and innovation.
- Identify success factors for Cross-Border business growth, develop tactical plans to achieve defined goals, design effective client relationship and business development strategies and work with respective account teams in implementing those strategies.
- Own the responsibility for Cross-Border performance in Russia by focusing on achieving Cross-Border business targets, both in-bound (acquired) from other markets as well as out-bound (issued) to other markets.
- Understand Cross-Border trends in the Russia, anticipate opportunities and challenges, and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Represent Visa in client discussions as the Cross-Border expert, in partnership with the respective account teams. Speak at conferences and business forums on the topic of Cross-Border to build awareness and generate momentum on Cross-Border actions.
- Model collaboration and influence across functions and geographies while executing on corridor-level strategy and actions, with a constant focus on driving strong Cross-Border results for the broader organization.
- Deliver clear and concise executive-level communications, and lead the regular business reviews on Cross-Border performance with the regional and global leadership.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of business experience in highly successful businesses that have a strong track record of client service, strategic development and execution. Experience at a top-tier management consultancy and/or a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate strategy role, coupled with managing operations of a function or business unit is a strong plus.
- MBA preferred.
- Extensive experience in either banking/financial services sector or Technology / FINTECH sector experience. Strong knowledge of payment industry products, services and technologies, eCommerce, mobile technology and Cross-Border business is a plus.
- Experience in client-facing roles, having led senior client discussions and solutioning engagements with multiple key stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (banks), large retailers, multinationals, governments, local partners, etc.
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives and new market/segment/business strategies
- Global or multi-national business experience is preferred
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Superior problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer with functional and subregional leaders within Visa. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Proactive and effective communicator. Experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions and debate and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across geographic and functional lines