Data Science Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. The incumbent will be part of VCA Data Science geographic team cluster of Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia (IPVMC) markets, and will be responsible for Data Science backed consulting engagements with Visa's clients in Vietnam. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy and data-driven portfolio management decisions.
If you like to use fact-based, data-driven solutions to solve for business problems that deliver value and enable Vietnam clients to win more business, you should apply.
What a Data Science Director does at Visa:
The Data Science Director is a key member of the Visa Analytics and Consulting (VCA) team. As a Data Science Director for Vietnam, you will be accountable for leading the design, development and implementation of analytics driven strategies and solutions for key Visa clients. You will collaborate with VCA, Business, and Technology teams across the organization to implement solutions to drive business performance.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Define detailed scope and methodology, creating and executing on the framework with appropriate data mining techniques
- Manage and deliver analytics projects from conception to completion with actionable insights and recommendations
- Clearly communicate the findings and recommendations, drive deployment and implementation of analytics solutions, and track business value impact
- Research industry metrics and business context and bring this context to bear in analyses
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modeling techniques fit for purpose to the needs of our clients
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date and maintain the highest levels of quality in deliverables
- Perform as independent contributor mostly, with high engagement with consultants and other data science team members to deliver projects
- Enhance existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
- High interaction with external clients, and manage internal and external stakeholders
- On a per-project basis, work on client site as required
This role reports to the Head of Data Science for the IPVMC geographic cluster and to the Country Manager in Vietnam. This position can either be based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City Visa office.
Why this is important to Visa
As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialized experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. We want to bring this expertise closer to our clients by placing the Data Science Director in-market in Vietnam. We are a global organization leveraging global expertise and best practice with local knowledge and understanding of our client partners. This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients and bring value to their business
What you will need:
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have both technical and business acumen:
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive, and a working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Neural Networks, Gradient Boosting, Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Strong internal team and external client stakeholder management with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Solutions-focused mindset
What will also help:
- Degree (Masters or Ph.D. would be an advantage) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of analytical expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Experience in analytics for retail banking, card issuing or consulting to retail banks
- Understanding of Payments and Banking Industry including Consumer Credit, Consumer debit, Small Business, Commercial, Co-Brand and Merchant
- In-market experience and/or knowledge of local language and culture as well as regulation and industry trends
- Story-boarding and data story-telling including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel 30%+
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- You might be working with an issuer client to assess opportunities across cardholder lifecycle, conduct gap assessment and determine strategy or provide best practice recommendation to the Bank
- You will also be involved in client pitches, to bring strategic thinking in bringing together a compelling proposition to help Visa win clients and deepen partnerships
- You will build models and data solutions and ensure clients find value to take action such as running marketing campaigns to drive payment card activation and usage, changing policies or processes, launching new products, opening new channels, among other things
- You will provide thought leadership and analytics advisory service to our clients in the face of changing regulation and market landscape impacting business revenue streams