Senior Software Engineer - Level 4
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What’s it all about?
The Automation team is responsible for the development, support, continuous improvement and delivery of solutions for our on-premise cloud provisioning and automation platform.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role requires someone who has the necessary skills to develop new and continually improve on existing solutions written in primarily in Angular and Java. While this role is primarily in front-end development, the successful candidate should have some experience of Java.
The successful candidate will therefore need to have experience of developing solutions with a key focus on user experience. The successful candidate will also need to be an excellent communicator, self-motivated and thrive on delivering efficiencies and improvements through both technical and process solutions.
- Develop in-house applications in Angular
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with diverse team of product managers, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Understand and translate business requirements and processes into technical solutions
- Develop and assist with delivery of solutions for new projects through automation
- Recommend enhancements / improvements to existing technologies and processes
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Liaise in written and verbal forms with peers and other areas of the business
- Keep up to date on the latest trends in web engineering and introduces them into projects when appropriate
What we’re after…
- Strong background in Angular and UI/UX development
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes required
- Experience with Java
- Good adherence to Software methodologies and standardisation
- Hands-on experience in developing and supporting web applications
- Knowledge of Database technologies, including SQL with an understanding of the impacts of indexing and schema design along with query analysis and optimisation.
- Experience with REST and SOAP interfaces.
- Understanding of Agile software development principles
- Ability to lead and self-manage projects and tasks.
- Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Ability to analyse written requirements and visually conceptualise the user interface and application flows required
- Organised and be able to prioritise workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills require
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.