Senior Software Test Engineer - Level 4
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Software Test Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Automation team is responsible for the development, support, continuous improvement and delivery of solutions for our on-premise cloud provisioning and automation platform. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to get their code to customers.
The successful candidate will be part of a talented, global, software team that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for testing new and existing components developed primarily in Angular and Java as well as a range of other front-end and back-end languages. In this role you will also work to automate as much of your testing as possible to support high quality releases and accelerated development cycles.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Passion for Testing
- Proficiency in writing automation, developing new automation suites, automating test cases
- Building an automated testing platform to enable continuous delivery of platform components
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform thorough functional testing for new features
- Proficiency in API automation
- Proficiency in UI automation
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Build and manage development, test, integration, performance and stage environments
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
What we’re after…
- Mid-level experience in testing
- Passionate in learning & delivering code with excellent quality.
- Passionate about testing
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Solid foundation in object oriented methodologies & design patterns
- Expertise in developing and consuming REST-based web services
- Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
- Experience with one or more of; Soap UI, Protractor, Selenium, Postman
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.