MBA Intern - North America Merchant Team
- New York, NY, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Position based in either: NYC (preferred) OR Bay Area California
The North America Merchant Team MBA Intern will be a member of the NA Merchant Strategy and Business Planning team, which is responsible for vertical-level strategy development and coordination, support and execution of key strategic initiatives, market research and strategic intelligence, as well as operational management and business planning. This position will also work directly with Account Executives on client-specific business development projects and sales efforts.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Business Planning, this person will work closely with key stakeholders both internal and external to the group and will be responsible for supporting key initiatives and projects.
As a Visa Intern, you will have the chance to:
· Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
· Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Team
· Attend fun social events with fellow interns
- Build strong relationships with NA Merchant AE leaders, and be expected to influence decisions at the senior level.
- Understand client needs and merchant trends, anticipate opportunities and challenges, collect and synthesize AE feedback and recommend proactive measures to support accomplishing group and vertical level targets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Analytics, Global Technology, Pricing, Corporate Strategy, Product and Finance.
- Collaborate with global and regional merchant strategy and solutions teams to share best practices, and leverage product and analytic resources to drive efficiency and scalable results
- Support NA Merchant’s vertical strategies, business development, or key initiatives; help manage the day to day project and team activities to meet project goals and timelines
- Directly support business development activities for a set of clients in partnership with Account Executives
- 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree and currently working towards and Advanced degree (e.g. Masters or /MBA/JD/MD) graduating December 2020 or later
- 5+ years of business experience, with a strong track record of client service, strategic development and execution.
- Experience in client-facing roles, managing discussions and solutioning engagements with multiple key stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (issuers or acquirers), large retailers/merchants, PSPs, technology providers, etc.
- Experience at a top-tier management consultancy and/or a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate/group strategy role, coupled with managing operations of a function or business unit will also be considered
- Knowledge of payment industry products, services and technologies, eCommerce, and mobile technology is a plus.
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of strategy, growth initiatives, new market/segment/business strategies or business development
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to translate analytics, research, client/consumer needs into actionable plans and deliverables.
- A willingness to challenge preconceived attitudes and behaviors and shape future thinking.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law