Head of Fintech Outreach
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world of payments?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Europe Deal Team Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Head of Fintech Outreach will be an integral member of Visa’s European Fintech Team with the objective of building Visa’s reputation as a number one partner in the European Fintech community. Responsibilities will include defining the Fintech outreach strategy and execution framework, including selection of the appropriate platforms, channels and outreach partners, delivery of the pan-European activities and oversight of the local activities. Further it will include engagement with the start-up & Fintech community, key influencers, building relationships with business and supporting partnerships by engaging with respective internal teams as necessary.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Define and coordinate implementation of the overall Fintech outreach strategy linking up the marketing, communication and events and sales strategies and plans.
- Provide briefs for the individual marketing, communication and events strategies, work with the respective teams on the strategy delivery and execution.
- Define overall Fintech narrative and identify and deliver relevant content for various communication platforms in cooperation with respective internal teams, agencies and clients (for testimonials and case studies).
- Identify and project manage selected regional strategic events presence representing and supporting the Fintech team’s strategy and objectives. Build strong collaboration with local, regional and global Fintech sales teams, marketing, communication and events teams.
- Secure necessary insight about the Fintech community relevant to shaping the outreach strategy.
- Identify and support ecosystem engagement for priority regions, working closely with the regional teams. Identify opportunities for small strategic regional networking events, roundtables, to help push the Visa message in the market to support Fintech team objectives.
- Define and lead the execution of the Fintech wins and successes celebration events and activities, internally as well as externally.
- Lead delivery of the client launch marketing and acquisition plans toolkits.
- Build strong relationships with emerging businesses that can deliver strategic value to Visa, this will involve supporting start-up community engagement. Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the clients and the Visa organization.
- Representing Fintech team in delivery of large company-wide strategic events. End-to-end coordinate and project manage key strategic events and partner summits. Collaborate closely with key cross-functional teams for delivery.
- Define and secure delivery of the relevant KPIs and measures of success.
- Manage and work closely with internal teams and partner agencies and organizers to deliver for the event.
- Cooperate and share best practice with regional and global teams supporting Fintech outreach.
What we’re after…
- Extensive experience in business development, partnerships, marketing and/or innovation operations management experience.
- Experience working with/in financial services, payments, Fintech, startup/venture and/or technology industry
- Previous experience of successfully managing marketing, communication and/or events for a Fintech company
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives and operational decisions.
- Ability to partner and collaborate for success. Lead by influence and example.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred (in engineering / business / finance / marketing)
- Open to learning and working on new things
- High Integrity. Entrepreneurial spirit. Ambitious. Creative. Flexible.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.