Global Product Controls Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillions of payment volume globally, replacing cash, checks, and ACH with push credits directly into bank accounts in real-time.
The Global Product Controls Lead will be a key team member of the Global Visa Direct Product Ecosystem Readiness group, which is building the infrastructure to drive the Visa Direct exponential growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring Visa Direct clients and programs are compliant with Visa’s policies and risk management practices. She/he will also create and manage the framework for ongoing control assessment.
- Manage the risk assessment and control infrastructure for Visa Direct globally in partnership with AML, Risk, Platform, and Policy teams
- Optimize control requirements and compliance for programs throughout the implementation lifecycle based on use case and risk profiles
- Build out enhancements of front-end internal processes and validation of requirements before program is approved by Visa
- Develop the on-going monitoring framework, auditing and reporting for product compliance to ensure a sanitized ecosystem
- Collaborate with the Policy and Rules teams on changes to existing policies or the creation of new ones
- Manage product control impacts due to product enhancements, new features, and new push payments products on the project roadmap
- Lead the automation of key product controls with technology as needed
- Prepare reports with control audit assessment results for senior management
- Serve as the global lead for product controls to all the regional counterparts
- Manage and execute on strategic initiates as needed
- 8 years of work experience in payments industry and a Bachelor's Degree BA/BS in Business
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of experience with payment processing, payment or financial services product management, business operations, or process consulting
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for external clients and internal partners
- Ability to analyze data, identify patterns, anomalies to inform product requirement compliance
- Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to build frameworks and processes to solve business problems
- Strong project management and organization skills to keep large cross-functional teams delivering towards a common goal
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time.