Director, Push Payments, Andean Region
- Lima District, Peru
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is Visa’s push payments solution to support instant P2P payments and disbursements. Visa believes the global opportunity for instant push payments is $55 trillion in annual payments volume – with an excess of 85% of this fulfilled through checks, cash or other slow forms of payment. While some of this volume represents traditional P2M payments, a significant proportion represents new use-cases (P2P, sharing economy payouts, and merchant disbursements) whereby funds are sent to consumers and small businesses. Financial institutions, payments providers and technology companies are leveraging Visa Direct to transform the way money is moved by consumers and businesses.
Nature of role
- The role requires a broad range of skills – familiarity with digital payment technologies with partners, liaising with internal and external stakeholders for the development, execution of projects, lead teams, and communicate with senior management.
- The candidate should be a quick learner and detail oriented with the ability to understand and manage all aspects of the Visa Direct capability including technology, risk, operations, pricing etc.
- The role will report directly to the Head of Acquirer Enablement and Ecosystem Readiness for LAC, based in Miami, FL, and will work very closely with the Andean country teams or any other Andean stakeholders when required.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to identify opportunities with issuers and processing partners and co-develop solutions to enable the receipt of Visa Direct transactions. The role will require to project management with a client facing emphasis on guidance, best practice execution, while helping local Visa team successfully complete each implementation.
- The role requires strategic leadership on important engagements with partners in the Andean Region (Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador) that are critical to the success of Visa Direct. Starting with early-stage consultation to understand the Partners’ needs, agreeing on scope and timelines and then managing multiple teams within Visa to develop and implement the agreed solution. The role-holder will have end-to-end engagement responsibility for the Visa Direct projects.
- Besides external stakeholders, the candidate would also work with key internal functional leads including country teams, client services, technology, risk etc. to ensure the required level of Visa Direct knowhow and readiness to support clients.
- Key matrices that the candidate would be responsible for would include product readiness in key markets, transaction success rates and service quality. The role will also require briefing country and product executives on product infrastructure readiness, gaps and necessary interventions
- 10+ years of experience, including at least five years of experience in professional services and client engagement in the financial technology domain.
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P market experience will be considered a strong asset, but is not essential.
- The successful candidate must have good understanding of the banking and payments landscape for Andean countries preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary in Spanish and English.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and frequent changes
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way.
- A good network of technology service suppliers around the region
- A track record working cross functionally and delivering measurable result, while managing stakeholders throughout the process
- Close affinity with scheme based payments
- Experience in working with API and ISO standard financials services systems
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law