Compliance Analyst - Screening - Earthport - Level 2
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as Compliance Analyst - Screening, we want to hear from you.
What’s it all about?
Working as part of the Group risk and Compliance Function you will be responsible for managing screening of existing client data and payment instructions.
This is an entry-level position that provides an excellent opportunity to join a growing, international fintech company, and gain experience in financial services and compliance.
Training in all areas of the role will be provided including AML and compliance, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to gain a wide range of skills in the financial services sector.
This role has varied shift patterns.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Understand automated sanction screening tools
- Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected sanctions matches
- Follow-up potential ‘matches’ through open source interrogation
- Ensure sanction queries are sent in a timely manner in line with our internal SLAs and deadlines set
- Keep up to date with sanction regimes
- Identify and escalate suspected financial crime incidents
- Identify trends, and use data to suggest improvements to effectively resolve service issues
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
You will be asked to assist in the below:
- The risk-assessment of proposed markets, products and counterparties (clients and partners).
- Collation, assessment and recording of counterparty due diligence.
- Other compliance officers with monitoring reviews and audits.
- Other compliance officers with detailed resolution work re compliance issues, queries and concerns raised both internally and externally as directed by the MLRO.
- By committing to learning relevant compliance legislation and regulation, in particular, the 4th EU Anti- Money Laundering Directive and the EU Payment Services Directive
- Ad-hoc compliance project work (e.g. Data Protection, Fraud).
- Develop an understanding of EPO operations, payment processes and I.T (the Product).
What we’re after…
- Specific qualifications are not detailed. All qualifications offered will be considered regarding their applicability (e.g. GCSE’s, ‘A’ levels, Vocational Qualifications etc.)
- Able to evidence an understanding of the working environment (vocational, professional or volunteer work)
- Understanding and appreciation of procedures and systems
- Experience working within a processing service organisation
- Working knowledge of compliance procedures
- Courteous and friendly nature (team player).
- Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment).
- Motivated to learn and able to identify and utilise learning opportunities.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow a process driven task
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.