Analyst, Consumer Credit, Travel & Lifestyle Benefit Partner Management
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Product Analyst – US Travel & Lifestyle Benefits role is responsible for supporting t Visa’s product benefit strategies in the U.S. The position will focus on three key areas: Solutioning, Partnerships, and Planning. The role will engage across all of the product platform teams, key vendors, as well as with other key functions across the organization: Business Development, Finance, Client Management, etc. Thus, the role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration and engagement. The U.S. Travel & Lifestyle Benefits Product Analyst will be based in Visa’s San Francisco or Foster City office.
Manage on-boarded partnerships including contract management, activation strategies, and test and control plans to maximize the potential of sourced partners
Actively engage with client-facing teams to develop competitive premium products and customized engagement opportunities that optimize Visa travel & lifestyle benefits to win and retain deals
- Create and produce key program performance dashboards to facilitate information flow and share business insights with various stakeholders
- Work with key internal partners, such as Vendor Risk Management, Vendor Sourcing, Marketing, and Legal, Manage day-to-day project spend in coordination with Finance and Controllership. Includes raising POs and accepting invoices, and budget tracking and forecasting.
- 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 4-5 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- Work experience in product management, credit card, operations, marketing, risk, insurance benefits, or card benefits
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dynamic and self-motivated, able to drive ideas to deliver results
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.