Director, South Cone Risk Management
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. is seeking an experienced Risk Director (RD) to act as Visa’s Sub-Region authority of market and client fraud performance, insights and risk success measures. Risk partners with issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors and other stakeholders to ensure secure business growth, by mitigating risks to the Visa payment system. The RD will also work collaboratively with global and local teams to develop, execute, and evaluate our in-country Enterprise Risk Management, Ecosystem Risk and Payment Risk Initiatives.
The Risk Director will work closely with the Risk Sub-Regions Head and other Risk Service Managers to support South Cone stakeholders, providing risk insights, consultative support and effectively managing key risks for Visa, and clients, in the market, while balancing our client’s objectives and operational goals. Developing and influencing client adoption of risk reduction strategies and tools, and leading development and promoting Visa’s Payment Security roadmap in South Cone.
· Lead the Country Managers in their effort to grow the business securely, while providing fact-based market insights and strategic thought-leadership to assist Visa clients in managing their fraud risk, allowing balanced customer experience and operational metrics
· Identify in-market risks for Visa and take actions to mitigate and for risk reduction, including executing in-country enterprise risk management programs
· Acting as Subject Matter Expert with clients and help troubleshoot problems
· Contribute to Champion Security by creating and implementing risk management roadmaps for the market, and identifying new, creative “win-win” methods to reduce and mitigate payment system risk, fraud and cardholder data security risks.
· Work closely and guide the country’s leadership to evaluate new Visa clients, to establish market and client plans, prioritizing activities, promote domestic processing and to promote adoption of Visa’s fraud reduction tools and authentication solutions, i.e. 3D Secure 2.0, contactless, Visa Token Service, etc.
· Partnering with product specialists to promote adoption and optimize the use of Visa fraud tools by client Issuers
· Preparing reports, briefings and other written products for Visa and external stakeholders
· Partnering with Government Relationships to train regulators about payment risks controls
· Previous experience in managing direct staff and in coordinating multi-functional teams to execute in market risk functions, programs and initiatives
· Minimum 10 years of relevant risk and business analytics experience, preferably with a large financial institution.
· Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems or related fields. Masters desirable.
· Wide knowledge of payment technologies and prevention systems
· Creative thinking to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems
· Expertise in managing product risks and advising clients in implementing risk mitigation strategies, policies and solutions
· Ability to multi-task and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously
· Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
· Excellent written, verbal communications skills and the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations in Spanish and English.
· Demonstrated ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations and comfortably interact with all levels of Visa management
· The candidate must possess a high level of self-motivation, initiative and operate effectively as a team player
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20-30%.
Critical Competencies for Success
o Integrity and High Ethics: Our values and our brand mandate a total commitment to honesty and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
o Curiosity and Problem Solving: Visa seeks intellectually curious individuals who are committed and passionate about continual learning and who are driven to solve problems.
o Diversity: Visa actively seeks diverse talent, who will offer different perspectives and a variety of backgrounds to enhance Visa as a company.
o Leadership: A commitment to be a strong leader is mandatory. Everyone at Visa is a Leader guided by our leadership principles:
o Teamwork: Teamwork and shared success are important to Visa given our complex ecosystem and the collaboration across function, clients and industry players that is required to address our challenges and opportunities.
o Expertise: Employees should have a passion for their domain and a willingness to build upon functional expertise and skills that help Visa differentiate and grow.
Forward Thinking: Employees must embrace emerging technologies that are rapidly driving towards the next generation of payments
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.