- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a passionate Compliance Director to join our Asia Pacific Compliance team.
As the Compliance Director you'll be a critical partner to the business, providing pragmatic, solutions oriented advice to ensure that Visa has effective, risk based business decision making, and performing review of key processes to ensure that the activities meet requirements of company policies, international standards and the obligations of regulations and laws of the United States and of those countries in which we operate.
What a Compliance Director does at Visa:
As a global payments network, Visa maintains a Compliance Program designed to manage legal, regulatory and ethical risks across our business.This position is responsible for the oversight, support and monitoring of the ongoing application of the Compliance Program across India, Sri Lanka and South Asia offices, Visa’s Mumbai and Bangalore based business and technology teams as well as Singapore’s regional Asia Pacific hub functions.
These activities include the following areas of risk
· Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption
- Office of Foreign Assets Controls and other Sanctions
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/ Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF)
- Data Privacy
- Information Security
- Anti-Trust and Competitive Intelligence, and
- Other specific compliance requirements of regulators who have regulatory authority over Visa operations.
In highest standards of business ethics, as set out in Visa’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Particular areas of focus include:addition, this role also carries responsibility for ensuring the
- Business Conduct and Ethics
- Conflicts of Interest, and
- Prevention of Insider Trading.
The core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Responsible for all Compliance matters as a primary point of contact for business units, support functions and local regulators
- Grow business partnerships and provide leadership on regulatory compliance matters by providing accurate and timely advice and counsel
- Ensuring understanding of business strategy through ongoing dialogue to identify potential or emerging risks and proactively address them so as to avoid unnecessary risk or delays to strategic plans
- Ensure that the business has effective decision-making, risk assessment, processes, controls and procedures, meet obligations of international and local regulatory laws and requirements
- Provide support to the Principal Reporting Officer (PRO) to Reserve Bank of India’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) for managing the process and providing required reporting to regulatory authorities throughout, as required
- Execution of due diligence responsibility requirements of the Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Program, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing & Sanctions Programs, including third party due diligence
- Support of Visa’s Financial Intelligence Analytics activities through additional and enhanced due diligence applied Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing & Sanctions cases, including direct communications and requests for information from clients and partners
- Review, assessment and pre-approval of gifts, travel and entertainment, as well as assessment of the proper designation of State-Owned Entities and Covered Government Officials
- Review significant business activities and transactions, assessment of risk and development and execution of risk mitigation action at regional, country, program and product level
- Responsible to assist the business in developing and enhancing the first line of defense to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, ensuring that risks are being adequately managed and that the business is in compliance with company policy
- Responsible for second line of defense monitoring, where required
- Responsible for business education on policy requirements, including delivery of localized training, tailored to the specific countries and business and support function needs
- Responsible for comprehensive reporting including local dashboard and metrics reporting
- Continually identify opportunities for efficiencies while ensuring sufficient controls are in place; partner with the business to drive process and control improvements
- Work closely with Legal and Government Relations to maintain an understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape including the support and maintenance of the legal and regulatory obligations inventory as it applies to Visa
- Handle queries and questions on the Compliance Program from the business, support functions, other control groups, regulators, clients and partners
Why this is important to Visa
- This role is critical in sustaining Visa’s ethical culture and global Compliance Program.Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and it is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. For each of the past seven years, Visa has been voted one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by Ethisphere Institute, and recognized as one of the top brands globally by several independent brand benchmarking organizations
What you will need: What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or other higher education qualifications required
- 10 to 12 years of experience in management of compliance programs and controls within the financial services industry required
- Professional AML/ATF (ACAMS) accreditation required
- Sound knowledge on AML/ATF typologies required
- Good understanding of core pillars of effective AML/ATF and Sanctions programs and appropriate legislation required
- English language skills required
- Good knowledge of payments industry products, emerging products, regulations and related trends required
- Corporate experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects in a complex matrix business and operational environments required
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills including use of MS Office systems including Word, Access, Visio, Excel (advanced), Power Point, SharePoint and other applications required
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
- Highly analytical and self-motivated, adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels within the organization; proactive planner able to engage peers and seniors constructively
- Flexible to work in an environment where needs are continually changing
- Ability to multi-task and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent presentation and public communication skills
- Some travel and extended business hours (conference calls) may be required.
What will also help:
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance or similar qualification is preferred
- Multiple Asian language skills is preferred; Hindi proficiency preferred.