Senior Systems engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Middleware Engineering and Operations team is part of Technology Operations & Infrastructure organization and is responsible for building and maintaining Middleware and Integration infrastructure that supports communication between multiple enterprise applications and multiple business units.
This role will be responsible for design, development, configuration, problem analysis, deployment, and continuous operational improvement of middleware technologies used at Visa.
The responsibility includes working with Global systems, Global Operations, Cybersource and external Integration partners in implementing solutions via current or proposed middleware technologies, including but not limited to Application Servers (Tomcat), Web Servers (NGINX, Apache HTTP Server), In-memory Data Grid Platforms (Hazelcast, RedHat Data Grid). Understanding of Docker containers and Kafka will be a plus. He or she must be able to collaborate with others to manage and rationalize incoming requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions
- 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Experience with Application servers like Tomcat, messaging solution (message broker, MQ, Kafka)
- Knowledge of IMDG platforms, Hazelcast and/or RedHat Data Grid, JAVA
- Experience on various web servers like Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, OHS, IBM HIS etc.
- Experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, bash)
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues and problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Windows/UNIX/Linux skills
- Scripting toolset experience and understanding
- This position will also be required to help coordinate the activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design and deployment
- Excellent process orientation and a solid understanding of software development and testing techniques, methodologies and best practices are the primary requisite for this position
- Automation and scripting experience preferred
- Excellent technical analytical and troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to junior staff
- Must have experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations
- Ability to provide level 2 support and guide level 1 administrators on problem resolution. Exhibit understanding and perform operational acceptance/turnover activities.
- Experience with maintaining highly available and highly secure systems
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of software development and testing techniques, methodologies and best practices are the primary requisite for this position
- Individual should be extremely self-motivated with the ability to work independently, coordinating activities within cross-regional and cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- ITIL certification preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Denver, CO OR Foster City, CA
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.