Analyst, Strategy and Business Planning
- New York, New York, United States
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and under-served consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Global Merchant Sales & Acquirer - Business Planning team is seeking an Analyst, Strategy & Business Planning in New York, reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Projects leader. As a member of our team, this individual will be responsible for supporting several large global, cross-functional initiatives. The Analyst will work across the MS&A efforts around the world to drive the success of the organization through execution of strategic initiatives, robust analytical reporting, and streamlined operations.
Execute key work streams for the MS&A executive office for internal and external engagements
Understand client needs and feedback from merchant and acquirer partners and develop point of view on merchant, acquirer, and industry issues and opportunities to assist in driving acceptance and organizational success
Perform and inform complex data analysis and design to drive unique insights for internal and external purposes, including tracking MS&A goals and priorities
Leverage analytics and insights to quantify the impacts of strategic priorities and ensure on track to achieve group level objectives
Assist in evaluating strategic investment opportunities
Drive special strategic projects that are critical to the MS&A success
Partner with regional MS&A teams to ensure smooth operations around the globe, identify opportunities for cross regional synergies, and optimize business performance
Act as a strong link across MS&A and key partner teams, soliciting and actioning feedback to improve operations
2 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or more than 2 year of work
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
• Coming from Payments, Merchant-driven or related business
• Exceptional analytical ability
• Strong collaboration skills
• Solid strategic thinking and execution capabilities
• Results driven
• Client first mindset
• Strong interpersonal, relationship and influential skills at multiple levels, including Executive / C-level
• Drive, enthusiasm and creativity are key attributes
• Sharp problem-solving ability, for a range of complex commercial, solution, and organizational situations
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~ 10% of the time
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.