Staff Software Engineer
- Foster City, CA, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Be a Front door team member for Profile applications, primarily for CORE and Config .
- Work with NP Architects, product partners and SMEs of the VISA Technology groups to develop solutions for Profile applications
- Work closely with Project Managers for a successful install of Projects from Inception.
- Work closely with delivery teams in Singapore and Bangalore for successful implementation of Business release and Non-Business release RTNs.
- Help CCM/STA in handling critical production issues.
- Provide assistance to all the NP teams such as VIP & CAS for analyzing client issues.
- Participate in Profile LTA initiatives.
- Mentor & support the junior engineers on their work assignments & do code reviews.
- Adaptable to changing project priorities & technologies.
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Expert knowledge with JAVA, Mainframe and Spring Technologies
- Expert diagramming solutions (flow, block, logical)
- knowledge of Security and Authentication standards and technologies like Oauth, ForgeRock etc
- Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, MyBatis etc
- Experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- Knowledgeable about Database technologies like Oracle, DB2, and NoSQL DBs
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during and beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law