Senior Software Test Engineer
- Ashburn, VA, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Must be able to speak fluently in English and Portuguese
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design and develop Test designs and Test cases for the Issuer processing for the Global Client Testing Organization. He/she will perform Functional and Automation testing for Debit Processing Services applications and will need detailed analytical skills and a good understanding of the test methodologies to be able to interface directly and take decisions with staff members of Global Client Testing, Product Management, Project Management, Client Implementations and Development.
- Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications.
- Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
- Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs.
- Create systems and testing documentation per department standards.
- Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
- Follow Quality Control processes according to the Industry Standard practices.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development as required.
- Design, document and track test cases in tracking system.
- Produce metrics for projects as required by Project Management, Clients and/or Implementation team.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- An Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or
- More than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Bilingual in Portuguese is a must
- Manual testing experience
- General business knowledge of financial systems
- 3 plus years of EFT experience strongly desired
- Tandem / Connex Advantage experience is a plus
- Debit processing experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Experience with tools like clear quest, ALM, AGM, Share point and Wiki
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- Must have experience with Automation tools like QTP , Selenium RC/Web driver.
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -10%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.