Lead Security Architect - Big Data
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Being a lead security architect of Big data and web applications, you are at the forefront in the Enterprise security Architecture group. Every day is exciting solving a mix of security problems. It will be test of hands-on coding skills, host and network architecture design patterns and follow the data design principles. Ability to design and present security designs at various levels is critical.
- Learn and stay ahead in finding security issues in Big data platforms and using out of the box thinking to implement internally build solution to keep applications and data secured at all times.
- Scale security solutions with Systems architecture design principles of fail fast, highly available, self-healing systems
- Build proactive threat-models for Big data and web applications to find design issues early on in the development of applications.
- Learn and practice Visa’s security guidelines to stay compliant
- Bake fine-grained authentication and authorization schemes for Big Data and web apps
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years of experience as an Architect / Consultant working on web applications and Big Data platforms
- Hands-on experience in implementing security controls for OWASP Top 10, CWE top 25, DevSecOps, SSDLC, API gateways, WAF
- Experience in Cloudera and/or Hortonworks security implementation for Audit, Authentication, and Authorization (AAA), High availability (HA) and data encryption using HP voltage or HDFS or custom encryption
- Experience in designing security solutions for handling very large data repositories and technologies (multi-petabyte scale or larger scale)
- Ability to quickly prototype, architect and build software using latest/greatest technologies including java-based.
- Experience in application deployment architectures and concerns such as scalability, performance, availability, reliability, security etc.
- Experience with the following:
- Experienced in Cloud Security (AWS, GCP, Azure) in designing security solutions for web apps and big data running in the cloud
- Hadoop Security implementation for large application systems with 500+ nodes and multiple clusters
- Hadoop (Apache/Cloudera) and/or other Map Reduce Platforms
- Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume and/or Mahout
- J2EE architect with strong experience in core Java and related frameworks like Spring
- Architecting NO-SQL and competent SQL skills
- Good knowledge of any Data Integration and/or DW tools is plus
- Candidate should have at least one or two projects delivered on above technology stacks.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.