Director, Global Consumer Insights (Client Insights)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Do you have a passion for crafting and delivering amazing insights that produce impactful business outcomes? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Consumer Insights team has an immediate opening for a Director, Client Insights based at our Foster City campus.
This person will work closely with financial institutions and merchant clients along with the Visa sales and consulting organizations. As part of the Global Consumer Insights team, the Director – Client Insights will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining consultative-based relationships with partners across designated business lines. You will work with businesses to identify opportunities for growth within a consumers’ wallet and present emerging consumer spending behavioral trends that support business development while strengthening relationships with key external clients. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, curious, analytical and creative in their thinking; and must have an expert level of knowledge of market research, analysis and insight generation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Consumer Behavior, Psychology, Marketing, or Statistics required with 10 years of work experience in a fast moving global environment working in a market research capacity or business analytics. or 8 years of work experience with an advanced degree (MBA/ Master's Degree)
- Bachelor's Degree in Consumer Behavior, Marketing, Statistics, plus applicable plus 10+ years in business analytics, measurements, SAS, SPSS, SQL, Tableau or R preferred. We are looking for a strong analytic thinker with solid critical thinking and consulting skills. The successful candidate will have:
- 10-12+ years’ experience managing primary quantitative and qualitative market research at a large global organization or with a leading, global respected market research agency. (prefer blend of client and vendor side experience)
- Experience managing large market research tracking programs.
- You have a background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending
- You are well versed in analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information, with a demonstrated success in using research to drive insights and strategic implications that lead to business decisions
- Ability to transition easily from a technical research perspective to practical business considerations
- You are highly effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact; must have the ability to translate complex analyses into easily digestible stories for senior management consumption;
- You have strong communication skills and executive presence
- You are well organized, proactive, curious, as well as detailed and solution oriented looking for ways to contribute added value; Possess strong planning, problem solving, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- You will work closely with the vendor in management of the Payment Panel (Visa’s consumer spending tracking program) to monitor quality, performance and delivery of key commitments, manage budgets and timelines.
- In partnership with the vendor, you will perform tasks on sample and quota management, surveys and change control logs, data governance, system infrastructure for the Payment Panel.
- You will create, propose and implement high-impact Payment Panel improvement recommendations
- You will extract actionable business insights from the Payment Panel by identifying spending behavior trends and building deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
- You will independently use a consultative approach with senior business partners and provide consumer insights that add value to financial institutions and merchants and enhance Visa’s sales efforts by leveraging the behavioral data from the Payment Panel and other sources of data (primary, secondary and syndicated research)
- You will present insights POVs to internal audiences and externally to key clients throughout the US on a quarterly basis
- You will build and maintain relationships with internal business partners, including marketing, sales, consulting and product innovation
- You will act as the thought leader for the sales and consulting areas by leveraging the Payment Panel and bringing to bear third party industry and internal knowledge across studies on key business issues/topics
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up to 20%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.