Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting and managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. On this team, you'll create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies. You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
- 10+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8+ years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters) in Computer Science/Engineering
- Build Microservices that connect to MySQL, MongoDB and Kafka
- Good understanding and technical expertise in Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and building automation around their APIs
- Working knowledge of infrastructure, ensuring high-availability, scaling, service discovery, logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Terraform
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure certification preferred
- Experience with monitoring and logging solutions such as Prometheus, Splunk, Cloudwatch, and/or ELK stack
- Experience building REST based web services & web applications using Java and Spring framework
- Proficient in working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, MySQL and Redis
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices and a strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency, and memory management
- Excellent coding practices including a proven understanding of design patterns and unit testing
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation and orchestration
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Windows
- Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to Junior developers
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices
- Be a proactive player and have a passion for delivering zero defect high quality code.
- Collaborate and talk through your architecture and delivery decisions
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Align with the direction and information provided by the Management to drive deliver robust and usable solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Work with various Technology and Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner and with a high level of quality.
- Lead by example as a hands-on developer who will produce high quality, production-ready code
- Incumbent must make themselves available to support clients in the Asian Pacific time zones.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.