Director – Integrated Data Service Platform, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Build, grow, and lead the Integrated Data Service Platform team in India to develop and maintain end to end technical solutions while fostering innovation, leveraging new technologies, and strong customer centered service mindset.
- Provide technical guidance to the team including architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Project task prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Define success metrics and SLAs, as well as tracking them toward agreed target.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services including understanding user experience and ensuring happy customers through partnering with your product support team.
- Develop roadmaps and execution plans to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies in your area by partnering with other stakeholders in Data Platform and Visa.
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives.
- Instill best practices for software development and service execution. Drive for engineering excellence including automation, quality, efficiency, and productivity. Automation and reliability are the key for providing large scale services effectively.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the products and services in the IDSP development and operation areas.
- Manage multiple vectors of change such as technology migration, location rationalization, in-sourcing and process changes while ensuring business delivery.
- Foster innovation and leverage new technologies. Keep track of the industry development in big data and high-performance distributed data systems. Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals to expand our product line.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind security, performance, reliability, scalability, usability, flexibility, and cost.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields is required. MS or PhD degree is preferred.
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and team player.
- 13+ years of industry experience in the web services, big data and/or large scale data platform areas, including 5+ experience managing and leading development teams.
- 5+ years of hands on architecture design and software development experience on complex large scale systems/platforms.
- Proven experience managing the software development of highly available enterprise level applications and platforms as services.
- Deep expertise in the areas of big data and cloud technology such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, and Kafka is required, web services is preferred.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as scalability, high availability, data management, query processing, distributed processing, statistical, large scale platform, and data API.
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge and experience on measuring a service from a user experience angle.
- Passion for web services on big data.
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including executives, product, and technical stakeholders.
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side.
- Broad knowledge of the state of art industry development status in the related areas.
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- More than comfortable in a fluid matrixed organization.
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude.
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
- Experience managing and working with geo-distributed team is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.