Senior Director - Business Development, Global Technology Partnerships, CyberSource
- New York, NY, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. CyberSource continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management industry and offers a full-service payment management platform for merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Technology Partnerships, the Senior Director of Partner Development role will lead a team, responsible for initiating and developing initiatives with both new and existing partners, comprising of Technology Platforms, ISVs & the System Integrator (SI) ecosystem that supports revenue acquisition, growth, and retention of Visa’s most strategic partners and clients. This team also acts as a key distribution and enablement function for the enablement of a broad array of Visa services delivered via the CyberSource platform.
We are seeking a proven leader with extensive industry, business development and partner management experience to take on this function. This individual will engage and work in partnership with other Business Development and Partner Success Leaders to execute on our growth and retention strategies and directly contribute to the ongoing expansion of the Technology Alliance partner program.
Our ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience including; merchant acquiring/processing, merchant online and card present payments, business development, alliances/partner/channel-sales, technical/consultative-selling, business transformation and problem-solving skills. This person will demonstrate exceptional communication, strategic, analytical, program development/execution as well as a proven track record of success in the function.
· Work with Leadership to formaulate and execute against go-to-market strategies for each of the identifed Startegic Initiatives for our partners and alliances.
· Lead the identification, pursuit and development of targeted technology partner prospects for both distribution and enablement.
· Assess and develop new strategic partners tied to new &/or under-penetrated verticals of focus.
· Build and nurture C-level relationships across the portfolio to further solidify our position and commitment to partners while deepening our level of engagement.
· Develop, track and execute against monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets (KPIs) & other performance metrics as per the Annual Operation Plan (AOP).
· Identify and analyze key metrics, trends and opportunities to ensure a disciplined approach to the prioritization, investment and decision-making process.
· Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including; Marketing, Sales-Operations, Technical Sales, FP&A, Product Management/Development to make accurate, informed decisions.
· Understand Visa and CyberSource’s broader corporate strategies to facilitate prioritization of business development initiatives aligned to product roadmap priorities.
· Provide executive program oversight and ongoing partner communication.
· Work collaboratively across Visa’s many functional business units to drive greater awareness, value to portfolio and new, innovative customer experiences alongside our strategic partners.
· Manage development plans for team members so that team they may deepen their solution and industry knoweldge, selling and account management skills, leadership capabilities which woll afford each of them to advance tehir respective careers with the organization.
Communicate: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and relevant information flows up and down organization to improve collaboration and decision making. Able to convey a complex idea in a concise and cohesive manner that is easily understood by others.
Collaborate: Actively and collaboratively participates as a member of the senior sales management team; is accessible and easy to approach; a strong team player with a track record of building productive cross-functional relationships to support business strategy.
Manage Relationships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between teams, business areas, partners and other key stakeholders to achieve business goals.
Commercial Acumen: Stays educated and ahead of key trends that shape the payments industry, markets and capitalizes on emerging business opportunities to develop commercially viable products and services.
Partner Mindset: Focuses on discovering and meeting partner needs that result in high impact solutions; keeps portfolio interest at the forefront and continually seeks to add value.
Innovate: Fosters creativity and takes intelligent calculated risks to deliver solutions that surpass partner’s expectations; challenges status quo. Generates new methods that improve both the “what” and “how”.
Strive for Excellence: Commits to delivering a high standard of results by engaging in entrepreneurial thinking and taking balanced risks to deliver significant improvements.
Accountability: Holds self, team and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success.
Manage Complexity: Quickly integrates complex information to identify strategies and solutions, narrows down information to key concepts and isolates core issues.
Global Mindset: Articulates clear goals and expected outcomes when leading activities requiring cross-functional teams to enable vertical and horizontal alignment. Delegates appropriate levels of responsibility and holds individuals accountable. Embraces joint ownership of success.
What’s in it for you?
· Work within a driven and highly motivated leadership team to provide a world-class partner experience to many of the world's largest and most respected Enterprise Technology Platforms & Consultancies
· Lead a team focused on the development and growth of strategic partnerships and alliances to help drive enabalement and support of CyberSource and Visa solutions to our Merchant and Acquiring customers and partners.
· Be a key contributor in “making a difference” in one of the World’s largest, most well- respected brands
· Flexibility to work remotely or in one of many new offices throughout NA
· Exceptional Benefits including Visa’s Educational Assistance Program, Tuition reimbursement and Mentoring Programs.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
· 10+ years of Payment Industry and/or related SaaS/High Tech industry experience
· 10+ years of success in a business development &/or alliance partner function
· Direct experience of working for Merchant Acquirers/Processors as well as direct Merchant payment experience
· Strong strategic Consultative Selling and Customer Relationship management experience focusing on Enterprise B2B and B2C customer segments
· Significant experience in engaging and facilitating dialogue with C-level and senior executives at Fortune 1000 businesses
· Success in working in a “fast paced” environment leveraging using tools like Salesforce.com.
· Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment and to deliver on detail as well as strategy
· Strong understanding of business process
· Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) that are leveraged to address complex business issues, negotiations and opportunities
· Experience based “Issue Resolution” skills that facilitate dialogue across all levels of a business including the c-suite
· Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly, and to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with focus on a drive to completion and tangible impact.
· MBA Degree
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~ 40% of the time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.