Summer Intern, Project Analyst (Masters) - Data Product Development
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
Data Product Development (DPD) group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marketing Services, Business Solutions, Fraud and Authentication and Payment Systems Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 90 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world.
The DPD Program and Business Management team ensures high quality deliverables, consistent project/program/business management processes, governance and coordination. Additionally, the team drives agility / performance efficiencies by managing processes including portfolio, budget, workforce, and communications management.
The intern Project Analyst will have primary responsibility for supporting projects within the Project and Business Management team. Key responsibilities include:
- Support agile teams on one or more product development projects as a scrum master
- Assist project teams with determination of product requirements and roadmaps
- Liaison between various technical and non-technical functions across agile teams
- Assist the Project / Program Managers in maintaining records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, and schedules
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to project stakeholders
- Develop, track and report key business metrics
- Utilize Visa financial tools to support resource and activity planning
To apply for an internship, you would need to be:
- Pursuing a Master's Degree with a graduation date in December 2020 or later in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline
- Strong communications skills - clear and concise written and spoken communications
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of Project Management principles include Agile methodologies
- Project Management experience (at least one year, inclusive of internships) with software development projects
- Excellent time management, communication, presentation and organization skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft tools (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), SQL, R, Tableau, JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools/technologies
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity without much guidance