Head of Executive Leadership Development - Visa University
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Head of Executive Leadership Development will manage a team that is dedicated to executive leadership and team effectiveness.
Executive Leadership Development & Team Effectiveness: Working closely with the Chief Learning Officer, Head of Business Colleges, Visa University, HR and senior leadership they will develop and embed a Leadership Team Effectiveness methodology, and also design and deliver leadership and senior team effectiveness interventions across Visa, including designing and delivering Executive Development Programs and managing our High Potential Development plans. This team will also provide coaching and support to senior hires to enable their successful integration in to Visa. In addition, the team will develop the governance and approach for (1) Assessment and profiling tools (2) Internal and external coaching (3) Team effectiveness toolkits (including being the in-house SMEs for these areas). This team will be instrumental in building the internal capability within Visa University across the aforementioned areas as this will be key to driving a sustainable focus on Visas current and future performance. Partnership with HR is important to link the above activities with Talent Management, Succession Planning and our Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and is skilled at quickly understanding and translating stakeholder needs into innovative learning solutions. They are also a skilled practitioner at leadership and team effectiveness. Visa University is part of Corporate Strategy and this role will report in to the Head of Business Colleges within Visa University.
- Work closely with the CLO, the Head of Business Colleges, the Dean of Leadership Colleges, and senior leadership and other cross-functional partners to drive a common leadership and team effectiveness methodology.
- Work closely with the Functions to support and drive their learning agendas
- Work with stakeholders to identify learning needs and to help inform the design, development and program delivery.
- Closely manage prioritization process to identify and advance the highest leverage initiatives and critical strategic goals and initiatives for the organization.
- Manage the entire learning product development lifecycle:
- Use human-centered design approaches to discover, design and develop meaningful client engagements to ensure the organization has the capabilities to compete in the future.
- Act as a change agent: build understanding, enthusiasm, and use influence to gain buy in from key stakeholders and drive alignment within the organization.
- Build work plans and work closely with cross-functional partners to support and drive successful execution and implementation of all solutions.
- Work with the Data Analytics team to evaluate the product effectiveness, success and impact in measurable ways. Leverage analysis to enhance future strategies and tactics.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- 15+ years progressive experience defining and implementing successful learning solutions, preferably in a global corporate environment.
- Masters and/or Doctorate ideally in the area of Organizational Behavior
- Accredited in use of relevant and impactful assessment/profile tools
- Proven experience in designing and delivering Executive Leadership and High Potential Development – from programs, to senior team facilitation, to one-to-one coaching
- Strong and proven, and credible practitioner background, with deep knowledge of team and leadership effectiveness methodologies
- Learning content design and development skills to design and curate engaging customized leadership and team interventions.
- Excellent project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize projects/products based on business objectives and ROI methodology
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a cross-functional team and influence change across functional and business units
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, including executive presence and the ability to simplify complex problems and evangelize a strategy and roadmap to stakeholders.
- Analytical and proactive problem solver with a solution-oriented mindset who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Focused on providing excellent customer service
- Understanding of the payments business preferred
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Location is flexible and requires willingness and ability to travel up to 20% as needed.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.