Director, Leadership Learning Experience Designer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
Identify leadership development needs: Use human-centered design methodology to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate Visa employees' leadership development needs.
Translate needs into leadership development solutions: Use your design expertise to create the most impactful, world-class solutions for Visa. You will need to be adept both at designing programs yourself as well as providing strategic direction for work done by select external providers. You will play a key role in scaling leadership development to maximize opportunities for all employees to benefit from impactful learning experiences.
Develop and grow key relationships: Skillfully cultivate and grow key internal and external relationships. You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders (business and HR leaders) to scale the work you do across the organization. You will utilize your well-established network of external content providers to ensure Visa’s Leadership College leverages best-in-class thought leadership. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a high-level internal stakeholder, to collaborating with Subject Matter Experts in designing learning solutions for Visa’s leaders.
Improve and grow our portfolio: Evolve existing learning solutions from good to great and launch new ones. Leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the learning solutions you design can evolve into the future. Keeping in mind that the end goal is behavior change and business impact, you will devise strategies to ensure that learning sticks. You will use your creativity and knowledge of adult learning methodology to create impactful mechanisms for post-program application of program content. You will launch and grow communities of enablement to ensure learning occurs beyond the programmatic components. You will leverage the art-science balance to evaluate and constantly improve leadership development at Visa to make it even more impactful for Visa’s employees, and ultimately for Visa’s business.
- 10 years of experience designing and implementing leadership programs/content at-scale for employees across organizational levels in a global environment with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- 12-15 years of experience with designing and implementing leadership programs/content at-scale for employees across organizational levels in a global environment
- Track record of effectively identifying, evaluating and articulating a fit between business needs and leadership development solutions
- Solid knowledge of and strong experience with selecting and leading content partners / vendors on leadership development initiatives
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Human-centered design, Agile and experience with a variety of modern learning channels including: MOOCs, case studies, simulations, microlearning, social, peer, etc.
- Ability to interpret a message into a visual experience, explaining why your design solves a problem
- Poise at engaging and developing collaborative, productive relationships with business and HR stakeholders globally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Stay on top of trends in the industry and advise on what could benefit Visa University including platforms and tool evaluations
- Experience using a variety of authoring tools (Storyline, Rise, Articulate, etc.) and designing blended approaches that use: live, virtual, WBT, peer, etc. with close attention to multi-media and emerging technology
- Strong project management skills to lead a concept from inception to execution
Financial services background a plus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Location is flexible and requires willingness and ability to travel up to 20% as needed.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.