Sr. SW Engineer
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting and managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. On this team, you will create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies. You will also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces, services and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Be a proactive player and have a passion for delivering zero defect high quality code.
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Align with the direction and information provided by the Management to drive deliver robust and usable solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Work with various Technology and Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner and with a high level of quality.
- 3-5 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree, or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters)
- Experience building REST based web services & web applications using Java and Spring framework
- Build Microservices that connect to MySQL, MongoDB and Kafka
- Good understanding and technical expertise in Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and building automation around their APIs
- Working knowledge of infrastructure, ensuring high-availability, scaling, service discovery, logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Terraform
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure certification preferred
- Experience with monitoring and logging solutions such as Prometheus, Splunk, Cloudwatch, and/or ELK stack
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
· Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
· Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.