Director of New Partnerships for UK & Ireland - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as the Director of New Partnerships for UK and Ireland, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's is all about?
The Director of New Partnerships for UK&I is responsible for identifying, building and implementing partnership opportunities for key Fintech enablers across the UK and Ireland payments ecosystem. The role requires an individual experienced in strategic, solutions-oriented selling, who can build new relationships, identify potential deals, and manage cross-functional teams needed to bring solutions to fruition for clients. This person will work closely with Visa’s Product as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and build relationships with non-traditional, strategic partners where Visa does not have an existing relationship to embed Visa’s products across the ecosystem.
What we expect of you day to day.
Build new relationships with fintech enabler clients:
- Be the UK&I lead for identifying and engaging with prospective, non-traditional partners in the payments ecosystem to explore joint commercial opportunities between Visa and partner organisation
- Developing new relationships with emerging partners that either act as on-ramps and distribution vehicles for Visa solutions or are not currently covered
Partner to grow client & Visa with the goal of eventually transitioning to account management team:
- Proactively develop incremental business streams and grow share of existing business with the partners. It includes the identification of business models, innovation opportunities, strategic alignment and go to market plans
- Solve unique problems that have a broad impact on the business, working with internal teams to help them create new services and solutions suitable for partners
- Demonstrate good knowledge of all Visa products and services, with expert knowledge in certain areas. Expected to understand the impact of Visa’s products and services on partners business
- Contribute to the development of the overarching strategy for the partners and Visa
- Transition maturing partnerships to appropriate account management and client relationship structures within Visa
- Work closely with the partner regularly liaising with multiple key stakeholders and ensuring an ongoing quality relationship is maintained
- Ensure fast delivery of projects and new launches jointly with partners, pilot new Visa products and services with partners
- Be accountable for prioritising conflicting and competing demands across the business to ensure Visa resources are deployed to maximum effect
- Lead contract, partner, and investment negotiations where required
- Collaborate and work closely with the UK&I leadership team; support leadership team meetings and activities as required
- Represent Visa at industry events as a speaker and thought leader within the industry, exploring partnership opportunities
- Ensure client feedback is incorporated into Visa UK&I strategy
What we're after...
- Proven track record in Sales and Partnership building with new and emerging tech companies and enablers
- Extensive knowledge, experience of, and interest in, the fast evolving payments industry, and Visa services and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with and influence key stakeholders up to Executive level
- Good Commercial understanding of the payments market with the ability to deliver growth by identify and implementing new solutions and partnership constructs between Visa and emerging partners.
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to identify, prioritise, engage, and evaluate prospective partnerships at pace
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work fluidly across cross functional teams to connect and leverage key stakeholders and capabilities for partner engagement as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel across UK & Ireland as required to engage with partners and Visa colleagues
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.