Senior Account Executive - Level 5
- Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Account Executive, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Senior Account Executive, Visa USA Sales, is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing sales strategies for US Acquirers & Processors. This position is responsible for selling Visa product and service offerings into targeted Acquirers & Processors and negotiating contractual arrangements. The position will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and deepen business relationships. Clients are large Acquirers & Processors and complex accounts, with multiple locations.
This sales role has direct accountability for sales results and activities with Acquirers &
Processors. The Sr. Account Executive must reside in the US market (contiguous
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Develop and execute customised account plans to increase sales volume, market share and relevance within the Acquirer & Processor market.
- Create new sales and revenue generating opportunities as appropriate.
- Provide strategic value to customers including leveraging trends in customer industries/marketplaces to shape solutions and approaches.
- Develop strategies that position the business to shape and capitalise on emerging customer and market needs.
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the sales management and direction of the business.
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services.
- Utilise a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client's business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximised.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships with Acquirers &
- Processors for accepting and deploying Visa products and services.
- Continuously review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa business.
- Collaborate with the product management team regarding new product development.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organisation.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer's business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Actively lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
What we're after?
- Typically requires a minimum of 15 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred, or hold equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated experience with Acquirer and Processor markets
- Strong industry knowledge of POS and eCommerce acceptance solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Operational and IT payment processing environments
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a large-scale, complex, competitive sales effort.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions for a major segment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with levels including executive management.
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships.
- Proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing & summarizing the financial indicators necessary to measures business performance including P&L responsibility and accurately forecasting major sources of cost, revenue and risk.
- Consulting experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.