Financial Analyst – Fixed Acquirer Network Fee Program - Global Operating Certificate
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Financial Analyst for our Fixed Acquirer Network Fee (FANF) Program in our Global Operating Certificate department.
- Drive value for Visa using multiple data points to identify unusual anomalies among clients’ FANF reporting and answer critical questions for business teams
- Analyze US acquiring/merchant population to understand payment acceptance behavior that identify revenue leakage/incremental revenue opportunities
- Leverage big data and cutting-edge data mining techniques, as well as modeling and segmentation using technology software, such as Hadoop, Python, R and related query engines, to perform business / technical data analyses interpret large data and unusual anomalies within FANF reporting
- Develop high-level deliverables based on data analytics and communicate results to a business audience
- Assist in scoping and designing FANF audit reviews and solutions; Contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Execute FANF audit reviews ranging from small to large acquirers/merchants/processors either individually or as part of a project team.
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations.
- Research industry metrics and business context and bring this context to bear in analyses.
- Monitor opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users.
- Support Account Executives, Pricing Strategy and the Deal team on ad-hoc data analysis and requests
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Visa core billing and reporting systems
- Analyze revenue data and prepare customer/product revenue reports for Management
- Support Revenue Project team and Financial Systems Strategy on Revenue Planning Analysis (RPA) initiative to replace the current reporting/billing system
- Effectively communicate with internal and external business partners/clients and provide value added trainings to Visa clients
- Advance Excel skills to confidently use Macros, VB tools to assist with various process automations and complex analyses, Comfortable using Hadoop, Python, R and related query engines
- Stay informed of general business/regulatory developments and their impact on the billing functions and Payment processing industry
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 Plus years of work experience in a business/analyst-related occupation with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or related field)
- High attention to detail with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources for a variety of audiences including technology and business executives
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, quantitative and qualitative skills, with experience taking raw data and drawing actionable insights from it and formulating it into effective presentations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with a keen attention to detail. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels, capable of summarizing and communicating key financial information and business strategy at an executive level
- Expertise in MS Excel/Access to confidently use Macros and VB tool; Word; PowerPoint; and knowledge of SQL
- Skilled in thinking out-of-the-box to create new presentations, reporting mechanisms and other documents.
- Self-confident and self-driven, with the ability to collaborate or work independently with strong time management and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Experience in the Payments and/or Technology industry would be a plus
- Card payment infrastructure and/or merchant operations experience a plus
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.