Vice President, Delivery & Commercialization, Installments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Vice President (VP) of Delivery & Commercialization will be a senior leader and will be responsible for the go to market strategy and execution for the delivery and commercialization of Visa Installment Solutions globally. The VP will be responsible for market launches end to end, working with various groups within and outside of Visa to create launch plans and ultimately execute on those plans. On the business operations side, set up team and processes to manage operational processes within business unit as well as across functional and regional teams. On the commercialization side, the VP will quantify and establish market opportunities and will collaborate with the Regional Product heads and Sales/Business Development teams to drive the market realities into developing the strategy and execution of those plans for Installment Payments. In addition, the VP be responsible for utilizing his/her deep industry, market, and product expertise in Installments, proactively providing thought leadership on market developments, emerging themes, and partnership opportunities. Expected to own and drive market launch to ensure progress toward the goal of accelerated sales and growth of Visa Installment Solutions. Must be willing to pivot and adjust as new information and lessons become known. This is a matrixed, cross-functional role, so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical. As we interface with internal stakeholders, financial institutions, and merchant ecosystem, this leader is instrumental in driving launch and support of Visa Installment Solutions that delivers value and delight with our client partners.
- Create global commercialization strategy for Installments and execution plans for various markets that drive results
- Identify new partnerships, alliances, and opportunities that extend value propositions and influence senior executives with well-crafted business cases, demonstrating the mastery of the card economics and the impact of installments on those economics
- Develop launch plans, coupled with comms and PR strategy, and commercialization execution framework
- Develop pricing, revenue strategies and model
- Develop client segmentation / targeting criteria and considerations in conjunction with market position comparative performance
- Create and apply best practices to commercial constructs, terms, agreements, and pricing structures
- Define and execute Issuer & Seller launch performance plans. Drive budget and forecasting of transactions and volumes. Establish performance and business review cadence
- Leverage learnings across product launches to develop a commercialization Playbook
- Commercialize Installments as a “set-play“ solution, to deliver even greater value for execution for general availability as well as multiple market expansion
- Define client implementation and account support model to drive customer excellence and scalability with CSS, Client Services, Risk, etc. teams. Coordinate operational processes with Regional teams.
- Manage and support policy and compliance changes in collaboration with Policy and Rules teams
- Orchestrate cross-functional coordination to execute pilots and formal product launches, as well as to accelerate product adoption
- Develop and disseminate materials to educate internal and external stakeholders on Installments
- Partner with the client solutions team for new products, pilot product introduction, exploration and interest
- Hire best talent for growth and scale
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree from top-tier institution or similar academic experience required. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of industry related experience. Direct experience in managing high volume credit card portfolios and/or deal making between issuers and merchants for co-branded or private label credit card programs a plus.
- Experience in owning the creation of contracts with all aspects including pricing, incentives, and a keen eye on short and long term profitability
- Experience with commercial launch strategies and developing and managing a team for full scale launch
- Mastery of credit card economics, including second degree impacts of risk on profitability
- Mastery of the installment landscape, the business models and profit levers
- Strong commercial acumen with Credit and Debit card P&L management experience a plus
- Understands the cross-section of financial institutions and seller ecosystem and profitability levers, including acquirers, ISPs, gateways and third party players
- Strategic thinker with superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Payments experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- International travel required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position may require up to 15% of travel to client sites and Visa locations around the globe.
- Degree from an institution in an analytical discipline or similar academic / professional experience
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines is also required
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Experience partnering with technologists using Agile or other expedited design and development methodologies a plus, but not required
- Superior problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Creative thinker, solutions and results-oriented, customer focused, and excellent analytical discipline
- Strong modeling and analysis skills, including mastery of relevant tools like Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through past experience developing and growing internal, external and cross functional relationships
- Ability to complete the analysis, craft the message and materials, then deliver well thought-out recommendations to Product Leadership
- Strong attention to detail and process management
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills, including oral and written capabilities
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.