Business Operations Manager - Visa Developer Platform
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role within the “Visa Developer Platform – Business Operations” organization will be expected to utilize their expertly honed program management skills and technical expertise to 1) work with our Client Services and Product Owners to create/develop onboarding documentation and processes for new Visa products and services 2) help the end-to-end client onboarding and implementation experience. In addition, he/she must be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to planning, demonstrate mediation and facilitation skills, have a passion for payments, and have an ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Own, manage and lead each client’s experience during onboarding and implementation once receiving the handoff by our client engagement teams
- Lead the development of Visa Developer client onboarding processes and documentation for new API's
- Communicate and coordinate with clients about the onboarding processes and documentation to convert to production.
- Proactively recommend areas for reengineering in the VDP onboarding experience by creating and owning requirements and working cross functionally to optimize the processes for efficiency, self-service and decreased time to market. Lead delivery of requirements with portal team.
- Verify the documentation submitted by clients for Visa Developer onboarding
- Review clients requesting production access to VDP against current Governance Process. Help define ongoing legal and regulatory reviews as part of the Visa Developer Governance Process.
- Provide technical support to clients for onboarding and credential management
- Work with Engineering to validate Product onboarding procedures and ensure smooth production releases
- Assist in the development of Knowledge Base articles resulting from ticket trends and training needs
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 6-8 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience communicating and explaining complicated processes and procedures to external clients
- Experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, API gateways, integration and environment issues (REST and SOAP web service calls, SSL Mutual Authentication, oAuth)
- Understanding of SaaS Enterprise architecture principles and experience with web service based systems.
- Experience in leading and managing process optimization and re-engineering efforts through requirement documentation
- Ability to manage trouble tickets by prioritizing, researching and resolving tickets, including interacting directly with clients as needed
- Ability to multi task and switch focus as needed
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Prioritizes and meets strict deadlines with continual attention to detail
- Demonstrates sound decision making using good judgment and problem solving skills
- Experience managing client processes in a large matrixed environment, understanding of roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders involved
- Familiarity with web development and support tools
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.