- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The System Analyst is responsible to fully support the batch processing for Visa’s Debit, Data Platforms and Core Systems applications in a multi-data center environment. The daily duties include: monitoring batch processing flows, resolving errors following incident and problem management processes, and supporting daily change activities. The System Analyst must be a team player, possess excellent communication skills, have the ability to multitask, and prioritize issues that need immediate attention.
- The analyst is responsible for operations management and recovery of the Visa’s Core batch applications and services which include:
- Taking corrective actions to recover failed jobs and ensure batch processing is executed on time.
- Monitoring batch processes and addressing issues to meet SLAs.
- Escalating appropriately based on documented processes.
- Documenting all issues following standard ITIL Incident and Problem management processes.
- Preforming Change reviews, executing change tasks, and coordinating change activity as needed.
- Following all defined processes, procedures and standards.
- Defining and updating all team documentation including the daily shift handover.
- Assisting support teams in updating job documentation and job schedules as needed to support efficient batch processing.
- Preforming proactive analysis of the Visa’s complex batch schedules to detect potential problems. When necessary take preventive actions.
- Preforming UAT (user acceptance testing) for new or upgraded operational monitoring tools and batch related user interfaces.
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux, Windows, z/OS and Tandem Non- stop operating systems.
- Strong working knowledge of one or more enterprise batch scheduling solutions (Example: ESP)
- A strong ability to understand the Visa applications, associated batch flows and the services they provide in relation to the service levels and impacts to Visa’s customers.
- Working closely with the Application Support, Development, and engineering groups to implement corrective measures and offer solutions where applicable.
- The ability to multi task, analyze and diagnose complex issues when working with various support groups.
- A strong understanding in Incident, Problem and change management per the ITIL process.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Technical staff member with general software configuration and troubleshooting skills. Includes (but is not limited to) z/OS, Linux, Unix, and Windows Systems
- Proficient in utilizing an enterprise scheduling solution (Example: CA – ESP) to monitor and manage batch processing.
- Demonstrated strong ability in resolving routine problems with job failures, issues with Job schedules, and common script failures within technical areas of responsibility, following documented handling procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situation in a professional manner.
- Performs Incident, Change and Problem Management in accordance with documented guidelines.
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilizing our knowledge base within Incident tickets, websites, and documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issues are tracked and resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA’s are missed or extended outages occur.
- Strong ability to apply problem-solving and technical skills.
- MS Office Proficiency
- Experience in working with various technical teams which include application support, development and engineering teams.
- Strong understanding in Incident, Problem and Change management per the ITIL process.
- Operational knowledge on CA-ESP, CA-DSeries, Netcool Alerting Tool, Service Now Ticketing Tool
- Working Knowledge of MVS, Hadoop, Windows, Linux, and Unix platforms in a multi data-center environment
- Functional knowledge for database for DB2, SQL, and Hadoop storage formats (Apache Spark/Apache Hive)
- Operational experience with file transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP, Connect:Direct
- Function effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and to also work effectively as part of a collective team
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills; e.g., root cause analysis
- Experience working directly with customer support to solve technical problems
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
- Good organization skills. High level of attention to detail
This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.