Technical Project Manager - Release Management
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to influence the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Issuer Processing Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a highly motivated resourceful candidate that will play a dual role of Release Manager & Project Manager. Our PMO team comprises of highly visible leaders that deliver critical customer facing, and enterprise-class software projects. In this dual role, responsibilities will include collaborating with the Release Manager and Delivery team to manage the maintenance release process to ensure successful deployment of an integrated set of Issuer Processing applications and services to the QA, Certification and Production environments as well as leading Technology projects from initiation to completion.
Our Release Managers:
- Manage the maintenance release process. This includes conducting installation planning and execution to all platforms and environments associated with the maintenance release.
- Identify and/or communicate installation related timing concerns (between different platforms, or for specific tasks), dependencies (between code from different platforms), and risks to the development and operations teams.
- Own and manage the consolidated install plan that describes the order of key install packages, dependencies, and risks.
- Conduct post-installation retrospectives and produce post-production installation reporting.
- Manage the scope of each maintenance release through a change control process.
- Act as liaison between Project Management, Product Development, Business Stakeholders, and Operations organizations.
- Create and maintain the annual Maintenance Release schedule for Issuer Processing.
- Manage all release related processes, continually reviewing and improving the process to ensure fit for purpose.
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science degree.
- Solid understanding of release management and project management techniques, including both waterfall and agile methodologies, and best practices.
- Drive projects from concept to implementation by managing day-to-day operational and tactical. aspects of large-scale complex projects in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Direct release management and project management activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigations, issues, project schedule, and change controls.
- Achieve project delivery goals through effective communication with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including delivery teams, business partners, vendors, and senior management.
- Ensure projects comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology and controls.
- 3-5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- Ability to analyze and organize a plan based upon available information.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and ensure successful task completion and influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
- Strong leadership qualities, organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to effectively manage issues and complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- PMP certification and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as project management, reporting, and agile tools including, Tableau, TFS, Rally, JIRA, MS Project, Clarity PPM, SharePoint, and Wiki.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- The incumbent must make themselves available to support technical resources in the Asian Pacific time zones
- The position requires the incumbent to travel for work <10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 35 pounds.