Director - Next Generation Technical Operations
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director of NextGen Operations leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc. This position will be responsible managing a team to support all shared infrastructure day to day activities. This position also requires to work with engineering, architecture and life cycle management teams to set the standards for the shared infrastructure technologies to manage in 24/7 production environment.
- Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical and customer knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
- Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering and Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all Visa business lines
- Own and support full stack of shared infrastructure, and technology initiatives.
- Single Point of contact for senior leadership stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Create and implement goals and action plans to align with overall organization objectives.
- Emulate strong management and leadership principles with the capacity to engage, motivate, mentor and coach teams distributed across various geographical locations.
- Communicate and adapt presentations to various stakeholders regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results.
- Implement, gather and report team/project metrics to track execution and effectiveness
- On-board high caliber engineers and develop future leaders.
- Accountable for the quality of test activities during the release of products to production.
- Willingness to engage on a short notice to address production issues in a 24x7 environment to minimize customer impact
- Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
- Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in technical field (Electrical, Electronics or computer science) or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters or above in electrical, Electronics or computer science)
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of experience in leading operations/engineering organization with at least 3 years of experience in Manager role.
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration platforms (i.e. Docker UCP Swarm / Kubernetes, Containers)
- Knowledge on storage technologies
- Knowledge on networking concepts
- Experience with Virtual technologies (i.e. VMWare, Hyper-V) is a must
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Operational environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Strong understanding of process orientation, understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Candidate must have demonstrated and be prepared to exhibit initiative and ownership of consistent delivery success
- Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize, and manage situations to satisfactory completion
- Must be comfortable presenting and speaking to large groups of people.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- May require some after business hours coverage.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.