Technical Business Analyst
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to influence the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Issuer Processing focuses on building and deploying innovative solutions to enable and secure Visa transactions around the globe. Our mission is to launch new, market-leading offerings that create tremendous value for Issuers and Emerging Payments Providers. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
Our Technical Business Analysts are highly knowledgeable resources that bridges the gaps between project groups and asks critical questions of proposed solutions to improve quality and outcomes.
We are seeking a technical resource with a systems background that will translate between product owners and developers, and apply critical thinking to proposed solutions with a focus on solution details.
As Technical Business Analyst:
- You will perform the Technical Business Analyst role to clarify and refine user stories to deliver product features across 1-2 Scrum teams
- You will remove research and technical impediments for the team
- You will work with the team to deliver quality working software sprint after sprint
- You will engage in communication between product owner, stakeholders and development team members to ensure the highest value work is consistently being delivered
- You will promote Agile values, principles, and Scrum guidelines within the organization and with the team
- You will communicate technical issues and risks in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, and stakeholder
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 2 years of work experience in a technical role that includes writing or reviewing code
- 3-7 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar discipline. (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Proficiency in project management tools and Microsoft Office tools such as JIRA, MS Project, SharePoint, Confluence, Word, and Excel
- Experience analyzing technically complex, cross-organizational, global, or multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience using Visual Studio and GIT repositories for code management
- Understanding of waterfall, Agile and Scaled Agile (SAFe) methodologies
- Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills
- Excellent time management, communication, collaboration and organization skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) basic concepts
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills as well as excellent time management, communication, collaboration and organization skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- The position requires the incumbent to travel for work <5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.